I'm thinking about moving here with the husband in the coming months, I have a younger son, and I was just wanting to know more about the area...what?

Asked by Mina, San Francisco, CA Thu Aug 11, 2011

is there to do? Pet friendly, etc.

Answers

4
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Aug 12, 2011
You've gotten some good input from the others below. However, there are a lot of great neighborhoods in the city and you may want to look at some others depending upon your lifestyle and work requirements. If you don't know the city well and are thinking about buying, I think it's a good idea to rent first to make sure this is the area you really want to live, then explore while renting to see if any other area(s) fits your life better.

We work with out of area clients all the time - it's a different process - so if you'd like some help getting up to speed on the market contact info is below.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Eric Castong…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Hi Mina
First off, congratulations on your decision to move here. SF is a wonderful place to live.

Telegraph Hill is a unique neighborhood in SF and one of the truly old San Francisco Neighborhoods. It's walkable (although hilly), urban, quaint, dense and very tough to park in if you don't have a garage. If you don't have a car, it's great. Public transit is pretty good and walkability to shops is good.

My question to you, is what drew you to Telegraph Hill? SF is a collective of neighborhoods with distinct flavors. I'd suggest you get to know it better before settling on Telegraph Hill. You might find other areas that you would respond to as well.

In terms of schools, the system is consolidated and you need to apply to each school-you do not automatically get into the neighborhood school, so if for instance, you were attracted to Telegraph Hill because of schools for your child, it is not a guarantee that they would get into that school. The district has changed it's rules recently to give more weight to your address, but again, it is not a guarantee. It is not unusual for parents to select private school as an alternative if the public school they like isn't available.

It is worth spending some time here to get a sense of the city. It is a fantastic place to live and there is truly something for everyone. Let me know if I can help.

Best Regard
Eric Castongia
Zephyr Real Estate
DRE No. 01188380
415-307-1700
Eric@SFHotBuy.com
Web Reference:  http://www.SFHotBuy.com
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Mina

Here is more info on Telegraph Hill - http://www.sanfranciscodays.com/telegraph-hill/

Schools in san Francisco - http://www.oggikashi.com/buy/Schools.html

It's a good idea to take a day and tour with a realtor in this and other neighborhoods to get a good feel for what you can expect living there. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Oggi Kashi
Paragon Real Estate Group
CA DRE 01844627
Web Reference:  http://www.oggikashi.com/
Honey Brooks, Agent, san Francisco, CA
Thu Aug 11, 2011
The neighborhood is bounded by Vallejo Street to the south, Sansome Street to the east, Francisco Street to the north and Powell Street and Columbus Avenue to the west, where the southwestern corner of Telegraph Hill overlaps with the North Beach neighborhood.
Telegraph Hill is primarily a residential area, much quieter than adjoining North Beach with its restaurants, cafés and nightlife. Aside from Coit Tower, it is well-known for its gardens flowing down Filbert Street down to Levi Plaza.
Telegraph Hill is known for supporting a flock of feral parrots, primarily Red-masked Parakeets descended from escaped or released pets. The flock was popularized by a book and documentary, both titled The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. Population: 9,063
Median Age: 44
No. of Households: 4,379
Median Household Income: $60,946
For more information on properties for sale ,schools,and transportation, I would be happy to
consult with you for your personal needs.
Respectfully,
Honey Brooks, Realtor/Consultant
San Francisco Homes of Distinction
S.R.E.S (Senior Real Estate Specialist)
W.C.R (Women's Council of Realtors, Former S.F. President)
DRE# 01310883
415-425-2008
"Your Personal Business is My Confidentiality"