I'm curious if there are many young children in the area(ages 10-13) for my kids to play with. My kids attend private school so that is not the

Asked by angieshinn, Prairie Village, KS Mon Nov 7, 2011

issue, Thanks

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Nov 8, 2011
If unfamiliar with the area, do visit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Anita Trozzo…, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Tue Nov 8, 2011
I know Country Lane Estates as well as the area very well. Please feel free to contact me at 816-651-3003. Thanks.
Deb Haddock-…, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Tue Nov 8, 2011
I highly recommend that you drive through the neighborhood and look for play equipment in yards. Even though your children are older, home owners do not usually remove play equipment. Also, find out when the closest school starts and dismisses and drive through the neighborhood at those times to see how many children are getting on/off the bus or walking home. I know how important it is to find just the right neighborhood for your family.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Angie,
Please pack the kids in the car and go visit your prospective new neighborhood. Walk around, talk to people, play in the nearest park do some shopping nearby.
Ask the residents what it is like to live there; are there 747's landing nearby and was it built on a toxic dump? Does anyone have a problem with termites and does it flood every monsoon season? Is there a lot of wind in the afternoon and do they know of any registered sex offenders? Do they have coyotes living off their pets and does the earth move regularly? Do they have a lot of churches or long lines at the unemployment office?

You get my point?

Good luck and may God bless