I'm a single lady looking to rent a studio in lincoln park/lakeview. I'm from a smaller town. How much of?

Asked by Doglover041265, Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL Wed Jul 22, 2009

a crime problem does this area experience?

Answers

4
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Hi Doglover,

I specialize in dog friendly condos and rentals. Contact me for your next move.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Tom McCarey, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Perro Amore,

Matt offered a good suggestion. And while real estate professionals are proscribed from saying an area is safe or unsafe, what we can do is suggest to you that as the areas you are interested in are urban in nature that you walk about with recognition of your surroundings. Now if you ask me if I have encountered difficulties in Lincoln Park or Lakeview I can say to you truthfully that I have not in many, many years of living in this fine city. What I do know anecdotally from my cop friends is that because these areas are more affluent than many other parts of Chicago that some folks with questionable motives will show up looking for "easy pickings." Notice I am quoting neighbors who are in law enforcement. So, our response is to not provide "easy pickings."

By the way, your moniker suggests that you are a dog lover. Be cognizant that the presence of a pooch will significantly reduce your rental opportunities. I am not saying be free of Fido, but just know ahead of time that his/her presence makes your search that much more challenging.

By the way, Chicago is awesome. Welcome to my home and your soon-to-be home.

Tom McCarey
The Real Estate Lounge Chicago with @properties
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jul 22, 2009
I dont comment on crime rates, but I got a great site to find out this information. Go to http://chicago.everyblock.com/crime/locations/neighborhoods/… Hope this helps!

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jul 22, 2009
You need to check with the local police department for crime statistics. You can also find them on line. You might feel more comfortable starting out in a high rise building as they usually have 24 hr doormen etc. I can send you some listings if you like. Please contact me via my web site.

philip