I live in united kingdom and am thinking of moving to harper woods ,my wife and i are very concern about the area because we have three girls. Please

Asked by Fatah, Waterford, MI Thu Jan 6, 2011

advice.
thanks

Answers

4
Suzyw, Home Owner, Harper Woods, MI
Thu Jan 6, 2011
I own a home in Harper woods and have been here 12 yrs. I am not going to lie to you and say we dont have problems in HW because we do but it is a tight knit community with an excellent police/fire, city services, libraries and part of the city resides in Grosse Pointe school district which is a good school. HW is a mixed, working class community that has a lot of pride in their homes, blocks & streets.On my block we watch out for each other and people keep up their properties.I'm still here. I love HW.
Kevin Flowers, , Detroit, MI
Thu Jan 6, 2011
Excellent choice for the area. Safe, quiet neighborhoods, nice brick homes, Grosse Pointe school district (very good schools), close to shopping areas and major roads/freeways. I am an investor and this is my primary target area. When you are ready to find your home, I can assist you. You will pay less than market value buying from an investor. There will be some implications if you are not a US citizen and I can also assist with that, given I worked for Homeland Security for ten years! Good luck and Happy New Year! Hopefully everything will workout for you and your family.
Herbie Felton, , Detroit, MI
Thu Jan 6, 2011
Depending on where you are going to move in Harper Woods, you children may go to Harper Woods schools or Grosse Pointe schools. Both school districts however are very good and the area is pretty safe.
Jimmy Braddo…, , Detroit, MI
Thu Jan 6, 2011
You can do a neighborhood zip search for information. 48225 Zip Code Profile