Carlotta, Renter in Chicago, IL

I live in a co-op and the city want the building to go into receivership, the building a lot of code that are not up to part. what would happen?

Asked by Carlotta, Chicago, IL Thu Dec 1, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Dec 1, 2011
If things arent up to code, the building would have to make the changes.
Web Reference:
1 vote
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Sat Jan 7, 2012
The city is usually pretty rigid when it comes to violations. Look into repairing the issues and hire an attorney to give your coop possible options.
0 votes
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Dec 2, 2011
basically your invested in a BK and you will be given current market value and your out of luck- everything must be disclosed to the next buyer which means your selling damaged goods and its worth a lot less
Web Reference:
0 votes
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Dec 1, 2011
The co- op needs to hire an attorney. In the meantime go and see your Alderman.
0 votes
Paul Marchi, Agent, LAGUNA BEACH, CA
Thu Dec 1, 2011
Here is a bunch of answers about that topic. Or you may need to contact this site: and look to their FAQ (frequently asked questions)
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more