I live in India and want to give down payment for an apt .in Arlington . Can I get a loan and at what interest rates ?

Asked by Balesh, Arlington, VA Mon Oct 1, 2012

Answers

3
Matt Leighton, Agent, Arlington, VA
Fri Jul 18, 2014
What are you putting down and what is your credit score?

We need more information to determine loan amount and interest rate.
Hi Matt, I cannot answer if you qualify or not for a loan because there are several factors involved in the process of obtaining a mortgage. On the other hand, the interest rates in general are the following:

30YR FIXED - 4.125
FHA/VA - 3.75%
15 YEAR FIXED - 3.375%
5 YEAR ARMS - 3.0-3.50% depending on the lender

It is important to take in consideration that these rates can change . For example right now the mortgage rates can be affected by the geopolitical situation regarding the situation in Israel or the shooting down of the Malaysian airplane. (mortgagenewsdaily.com)
Wishing you the best in the process of finding your new home,
Catalina Jaramillo
Bilingual Realtor
The Fred Solman Team with Northwood Realty Services
412-641-9514
Catalina@Northwood.com
Flag Fri Jul 18, 2014
Melissa Bark…, Agent, Washington, DC
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Hi

It depends on what you are planning on doing with the unit, renting it out? How you use the property will determine your interest rate as well as your credit score and a few other factors. Do you have any money for a downpayment or do you need it to be 100% financed? Getting 100% financing has gone away.

Melissa
Barbara Curry, , Virginia
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hi Balesh,
I am a Realtor who knows Arlington well. If we can discuss what you are thinking perhaps I can point you to a lender who can see what is possible.
You can reach me at
barbara.curry@CBMove.com
I am with Coldwell Banker and we are an international real estate company with several offices around the world. I am based in Northern Virginia and currently work from the McLean office.

Please get in touch!
Barbara