I know what it's like to stay in Meadows Woods having vacationed there many times. I currently live in the UK and am interested in the property for a

Asked by Brian Holland-jones, Ukiah, CA Fri Jan 14, 2011

Family Vacation home. Can you let me know what the property taxs etc are on 489 Las Cortes Lane please ?

Answers

7
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Hello Brian
The questions that you had have been answered. However there are lots of things that you should be aware of when buying as a foreigner. I am from UK too and have lived and worked in the Orlando area for the past 12 years. I can help you with real expert advice from a UK person’s perspective. I have helped 100s of my countrymen over the years and would live to help you too. There are many good agents out there who would like to help you but most of them will not have sold a home to a foreigner and will not be able to advise you in that niche market. It is a big step and very important that you know all that there is to know before signing a contract. The joy of working with any real estate agent here is that there is no charge to the buyer. At least when you use an independent there is no charge to the buyer. Watch out for real estate franchises that charge a ‘transaction fee ‘ to the buyer. It is an unnecessary junk fee that I do not charge. If you have further questions then please contact me directly at Alan@FrontlineFloridaRealty.com
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Mar 7, 2011
Hi Brian
It is a while since we communicated. Can I help you further ?
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Hi Brain,

As noted already this is a short sale and from the way it's worded I'm guessing they want you to pay a negotiation fee. There are 2 identical units available that are bank owned for virtually the same price.

Also keep in mind that if you want to offer this on the short term rental market, you will have to furnish it. These units are all offered unfurnished.

I lived in Europe for 18 years and have helped Brits and ex-pats buy in America since getting started in real estate. Let me know if I can help.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
Daniel Schma…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Jan 14, 2011
I have a 3/2 townhome in Meadow Woods , all tile, low hoa $ 180 a month, community pool $ 70k
my e mail is centralflhomes@yahoo.com
web; http://www.centralflhome.org
KIM SETZER, , Winter Garden, FL
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Hi Brian,

The current 2010 property taxes reflect $884 a year. There are 8 other properties for sale "VILLA DEL SOL AT MEADOW WOODS" that vary in price, some higher/some lower. The monthly HOA dues state they are $210 a month. If you contact me, I will be happy to send you the other condo listings so you can compare. Orlando is a GREAT place for a vaction home and with the market continuing to be on the buyer's side, there is no better time to purchase. I look forward to assisting in your endeavor :)

Thank you kindly,
Kim Setzer, REALTOR
CENTURY 21 Elite Home Finders
407-406-0351
Kimsellsproperty@yahoo.com
Joyce & Mike…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Hi Brian,
Yes, that is correct in that the taxes for 2010 were set at $884 without a homestead exemption for primary residences and HOA fees are showing as $201 per month. It is a short sale so it's uncertain if or what the Seller's lender(s) will accept to settle the sale and an offer/contract would be contingent upon the lender(s) approval. There may be REO/bank-owned units available that would give you more defined terms. Can we help?
Thanks very much for your post to Trulia.
DowdHomes
Raquel Berdi…, Agent, Oviedo, FL
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Brian good morning (good afternoon for you I guess)

The property you are interested in is a "short-sale" so there is no guarantee that the lender will accept the asking price.
Having said that, the taxes for 2010 were $884 and the monthly Home Owners Association fee is $201.
Please let me know if there is any further information I can supply.
raquel@orlandorealtyqueen.com