I keep hearing that Olde Oaks had a pool, tennis courts and a clubhouse. Can anyone tell me what happened?

Asked by Lawman12, 77068 Wed Mar 2, 2011

The HOA dues are high and you don't get anything in return.

Answers

1
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Mar 3, 2011
I just checked with the management company. I too thought there was a pool/tennis courts for Olde Oaks, but the ammenities near by are for the community next door. NO pool or tennis courts in Olde Oaks. They do have a park with equipment and picnic tables.

The HOA dues quoted on the MLS printouts for the 49 homes for sale range from $400 to $1200 a year. Sorry to say the agents did not double check with the managment company to verifiy the yearly HOA amount for their listings for sale and just put a number down. The management company said one home I asked about was $625 dues for 2011, but as with any home...you would need to verify all these numbers (also taxes, sqft of home, etc) before you make an offer to purchase.

This dollar amount may sound high, but these fees also cover things like electricity for street lights, lawn care of common areas...even extra police patrols. You might want to check with the HOA and find out more about what the fees cover or plan to attend their next HOA board meeting. Sadly most owners do not attend these meeting and have no idea what is going on in their communities and what these HOA fees go towards. You sound like you trying to get involved...good for you!

Not sure if there ever was a pool or club house. Can't find any history to research. I hope this helps.

Mark McNitt
Bernstein Realty
m 832-567-4357