I have 3 dogs& live alone and am looking for a place(4K to 5K)to buy in 2013 that has a bit of property. I have heard that only Tahoe Donner is good

Asked by Susan_sawyer, New Mexico Sat Sep 22, 2012

because there you have things to do; I feel in love with the Glenshire area; still groups to join & to do things there?

Answers

9
andrewrbenton, , Glendora, CA
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Shoot me an email, Susan.

We just got a deal on a place just over 5k and would be happy to share some details with you.

~Andrew

andrew@vestgroup.net
Olja Mihic, Agent, Tahoe City, CA
Wed Jul 10, 2013

Having a larger property is a commodity for sure.

How about this house? Has that property you are after: http://www.charmingcabins.com/search-properties/?http://www.…

Olja Mihic
Coldwell Banker
530 448 6633
tahoerealestate@hotmail.com
http://www.charmingcabins.com
Luca and Ali…, Agent, Olympic Valley, CA
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Hello Susan,
We also have 3 dogs! Living next to hiking trails in a priority with dogs to walk. It makes life so much easier and much more enjoyable. We are fortunate to live right on a trail on USFS land. We also have a second home off the grid on a large parcel so we are very familiar with large land sales. There are many places in our area that have larger parcels. However, living on a normal size lot adjacent to public lands with hiking trails can often work just as well or better. Most of the large parcels in Glenshire are surrounded by private property and not public lands. So, your hiking and walking may be limited to roads since you can’t hike on other people’s property. There are numerous areas in Truckee that have homes near trails from Tahoe Donner, Prosser, Ponderosa Palisades, and some parts of Glenshire. There are also great places in the Tahoe Basin and Alpine Meadows that you may like. In all these areas, there are places that wouldn’t work as well, like in the middle of the subdivision, then places at the edges of the neighborhoods with hiking trails out the door that would be great. Do you enjoy XC skiing or snow-shoeing with your dogs? We’d love to help you find the perfect dog friendly home.
Many Thanks,
Alisa and Luca Adriani
Cima, Uni, and Gravy the dogs
info@tahoedreamteam.com
530-583-1354
Nicole Reitt…, Agent, Truckee, CA
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hello Susan-
How much property would you like? I live next to Glenshire in a community called Juniper Creek. Both Juniper Creek & Juniper Hill offer acreage parcels (10 acres or more) & all the outdoor recreation (& hiking trails for your dogs) that you could imagine. Takes me 3 minutes to get to Glenshire/Glenshire Drive.
Tahoe Donner does not, typically, offer larger lots. Most are .25-.3 acres & reaction to dogs are mixed because you have 2nd homeowners mixed with full-time folks & some do not care for dogs. I used to live in Tahoe Donner & experienced this with our 2 dogs.
Let me know how I can be of help.
Nicole
Anna Grahn-N…, Agent, Truckee, CA
Sun Sep 23, 2012
...."am looking for a place(4K to 5K)to buy in 2013 that has a bit of property" - Were you hoping to find "a place" to buy for $4000- $5000 in Tahoe Donner? Or what are you 'really' hoping to find?
Hard to know what the market will look like in 2013 - but very likely pretty much the same as what we're seeing right now... at least to start with. Buying land in TD will be at least around $50,000 (if you're lucky) - but that is raw land - no improvements.....wiht a house - $200K+...
Jacklyn Wells, Agent, Truckee, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Hi Susan,

Glenshire has a large majority of full time residents and has some large parcels. It is a very "Dog Friendly" area. It has easy access to Reno as well as Truckee,

Pannonia has more property but the prices are much higher.

I would be happy to send you a list of homes in your price range.

Jackie
Marcelyn Coh…, Agent, Truckee, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Susan, I have lived in Glenshire for over 20 years and find it an absolutely awesome neighborhood. Less snow, quaint little clubhouse with pool, tennis courts and a beautiful little pond with walking paths not to mention friendly neighbors who are accessible when you need them. It is a community of primarily full-time residents and the prices bring a good value for the home you can buy. I would be happy to provide you my "best buy" list in that area. I'm not clear about your price point of 4K to 5K so I would need some clarification prior to sending.
Kappy Mann a…, Agent, Truckee, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Susan, The Glenshire area is awesome. Were you looking for a full-time home? We call Glenshire the Banana Belt because there doesn't seem to be as much snow out there in the winter. There are tons of trails nearby and the homowners' association has a pool, tennis courts and a clubhouse. The dues are much less than Tahoe Donner. You could get a nice home in the 400-500K price range there. Do you want me to send you some listings that are currently available?
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012
You want to spend $4,000 to $5,000 for a purchase? Is that total or per month mortgage cost?

I love Tahoe Donner and used to own a home there. I know an excellent agent I can refer you who knows to the area extremely well.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com