I have been looking at several properties in this area, I see the accessed value the true market value and the sale price. As a property owner in

Asked by tim, Tillamook, OR Fri Sep 7, 2012

oregon over 40 years, i understand a few things on accessed and real market value. The question if i pay 350k for a house listed as 220k market value will my taxes be accessed at 350k or the current 220k market value.
Many years ago i bought a property for 1/3 of it's listed, because it had been on the market for a long time and i paid a 1/3 of it's market value i expected my taxes to reflect this, when i went before the board of equalization i was told i got a deal, no reduction of taxes.

Answers

2
Laurie Senes…, Home Buyer, Camas, WA
Wed Feb 27, 2013
We did go and petition the county for an adjustment which they made but then jacked it back even higher the next year- so it wasn't worth it.......
Karen & Julia…, Agent, Gearhart, OR
Fri Sep 7, 2012
It has been my experience that the county assessed value will stand and not change if the property is purchased for a lesser amount than the assessed value. However; you can go to the county and petition them to make an adjustment, but there are no gurantees on that.