I found a great apt in West Village and really like the area. I am new to NYC. Are there any grocery stores in or near West Village?

Asked by Pj, West Village, New York, NY Tue Aug 9, 2011

? How difficult will it be to commute to see my friends in the East Village?

Answers

8
Mitchell Hall, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Hi Pj,

Not only are there grocery stores in the West Village there are still little mom and pop specialty food shops. The West Village is like living in a little small town in the middle of Manhattan. The Village has a charming, small-town feel with its irregular tree-lined streets, brownstone apartment buildings, and elegant town homes. The area is architecturally diverse. It is also the city's largest historic district and has always been a very popular place to live.

It's just cross town to the East Village. The 14th street cross town bus or walking is not difficult.

Mitchell Hall, Associate Broker
The Corcoran Group
mhall@corcoran.com
Kara, Home Buyer, Danbury, CT
Thu Jan 21, 2016
Uh - a lot of people like the area - it happens to be one of the more expensive areas in the city

lots of stores and groceries of all kind

walk to your friends in the EV or take a bus or a cab - a cab is not expensive going cross town - or get a year membership to citibike.

try to keep your eyes open and look around - I guess I am jaded but this is a lazy persons question and that attitude will not let you enjoy NYC
viv7681, , New York, NY
Wed Mar 4, 2015
There's grocery stores everywhere in the West Village. No worries. Plus you can get your food delivered to your font door from Fresh Direct. When you have to buy a load of groceries, that would be a great way to go. My daughter uses them all the time.
Going back to grocery stores-- check these out: Morton Williams, Citarella, Gourmet Garage, D'Agostino's...and others...that I cannot think of right this minute...located right here in the West Village.
Not difficult at all to commute to see your friends -- i walk to East Village to get my hair done all the time.
Good luck and enjoy NY! I love living here. I also moved here, permanently, a year ago.
Ialvarez96, , New York, NY
Mon Aug 5, 2013
There are tons of grocery stores in the West Village. The best part is that several are natural and organic grocery stores. You're also only a few blocks from the farmer's market (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat) which is a huge plus. I consider it a little village or a mini London. It's one of the best areas to live, truth is I think it's the best as you are a skip away from Meat Packing, Soho, East Village, Tribeca, Gramercy - all walking distance. Also if you're into Organic, it's one of the best areas to find organic restaurants or organic juice bars.

Good luck with your search!

Ingrid

Ingrid Alvarez-Desai
Rental and Sales agent
Rutenberg Realty
917-815-7997
Irina Lattan…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
HI PJ,

I suggest to my clients to use this link: http://www.walkscore.com - you can find about everything around the address you will be living.
Please let me know if it helps.
Irina Lattanzio
Associate Broker at TEB LLC
(917)589 3784
Lisa Conway, , New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
There are quite a few grocery stores on the west village. Also you have Citterela on 6th avenue and 9th Street for gourmet delights. On Sheraton Square near 7th ave there is also a market and on Greenwich Street close to Christopher a big market is there as well. Another option is a market near Jane Street and wither Greenwich or Hudson.
Lisa Conway, , New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Barry Salott…, Agent, Westport, CT
Tue Aug 9, 2011
I suggest that you explore the area. Have lunch, check out the stores and the "feel" of the area. There are several grocery stores there as well.

Barry M Salottolo
Licensed Real Estate Broker
All Points Realty LLC
Manhattan, Westchester, Connecticut
5 Willow Place #2
Mount Vernon, New York 10550
Cell: 914-310-2930 FAX: 914-764-7420
"Whatever you're thinking and feeling today
is creating your future"
http://barrysalottolo.wwmediaagent.com/