fleone, Home Buyer in Vestal, NY

I' bet that this house flooded out in the past two big storms-did it?

Asked by fleone, Vestal, NY Sat Aug 11, 2012

Answers

18
gjones63, Home Owner, Vestal, NY
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Previous owner, now in foreclosure on this property. Lost everything on Sept 8, 2011. Stay away.

Had never flooded in this specific area until that day. No flood insurance. Sigh.
Swwizzard-tn…, Renter, Vestal, NY
Sat Nov 17, 2012
Broome County: You can see flood maps including flood levels for two of the major floods (2009 + 2006) on the Broome County mapping site http://broomegis.co.broome.ny.us/website/gisweb/gisapps.htm#
Select Unified Parcel Information System (UPIS). On the pop up window, select GIS parcel info by clicking on "accept terms". click ok on the viewer
Once the Broome county map loads, zoom to an area of interest by drawing a box around the area of interest - click on one corner & drag to opposite corner (or you can try a search using the search popup). If the updating symbol shows, don't do anything until it goes away.
click on layers to select map layers. Click on floodplain, and select layers such as FEMA floodplains, and Sept 2011 and June 2006. At the top of the layers panel click on update map layers. The main map page should update.

Maplecrest looks high and dry, but you might want to ask neighbors about basement flooding and related problems.
Mom, Home Buyer, Windsor, NY
Thu Sep 20, 2012
This is very confusing. I was responding to the house on Mountain Road. I apologize about the child molester comments.
Home Owner, Home Seller, Vestal, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Well, not sure what happened. I pulled up info on my house - there was something that asked "Did this house flood? Let people know" so I clicked on it and responded to that question. I was not responding to any of your postings but you replied to mine when I wrote that. Soory for any confusion!
Justin, Home Owner, Vestal, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Ah, the home i am talking about is on Maplecrest Drive in vestal, not maple street.
Home Owner, Home Seller, Vestal, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Umm, I AM the home owner of 332 Maple St......
The child molester was on Birch St - one street over.
He no longer lives there (obviously). A very nice young couple leive there now with their small children.
Justin, Home Owner, Vestal, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Well I've lived there for 6 years, see families and children out for walks at night so I don't know other than that. As far as police, I've only seen vestal police when the old ladies that live there need an ambulance but I've never seen or been bothered by anyone and have had only the nicest experiences with my neighbors.
Mom, Home Buyer, Windsor, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
You are correct about the database but I live around there so I DO KNOW and I am no fool. The state troopers have been down there so many times that they know exactly what vehicles he has. Yes- he has multiple vehicles. Our hard earned tax dollars pay for those vehicles and pay for him to harass us.
Justin, Home Owner, Vestal, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
This house did not have any water in 2011 in the basement.... I don't know who this other person is saying that they're the home owner because they are not, I am. The house does have a basement but has never had any water in the basement. As far as a child molester goes, nobody shows up on the database in the neighborhood so before you say something like that and sound like a fool, do some research.
Mom, Home Buyer, Windsor, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
So the crazy child molester that lives next door is true. this house has a basement????
Home Owner, Home Seller, Vestal, NY
Tue Sep 11, 2012
This house DID NOT flood in 2006 AT ALL. In the flood of 2011, only the basement got water.
Mom, Home Buyer, Windsor, NY
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Besides this house being in a flood zone, there is a crazy child molester that lives next door. He constantly harasses everybody down there. The state troopers have been called on him by everybody surrounding this property. Buyer beware!!!!!
what address are you talking about?
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Justin, Home Owner, Vestal, NY
Fri Aug 24, 2012
http://binghamtonmls.com/brm/maildoc/5MrhTq3261.html

That has all the recent pictures and info. The house never flooded and the hill is across the street and not on the property.
Maryfellerman, Home Buyer, Vestal, NY
Fri Aug 24, 2012
There is a creek two houses down from this house and a hill side behind the house. The water table is very high in this area. I would like to know if this house flooded and see a current picture.
I have very fond memories of this house with my family. I learned two days ago that General Electric now BAE systems in Westover flooded and was relocated. I hope my previous coworkers and friends have not lost their homes and jobs.
Justin, Home Owner, Vestal, NY
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Nope, this house is on the other side of the street and set up on a bank. That side of the street doesn't flood.
Jennifer Gre…, Agent, Binghamton, NY
Sun Aug 12, 2012
There's no property link with your post. Can you let me know what the address is? I am an agent local.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sat Aug 11, 2012
And that house would be loacated where??
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Aug 11, 2012
Consider asking the owner...for flood maps see links below.
http://www.floodsmart.gov/
http://www.floodmaps.fema.gov/