I am looking into buying a home in Jefferson Avenue between Bushwick and Broadway but i'm not sure of the neighborhood. Can someone please share some?

Asked by Jaytua75, Brooklyn, NY Thu Apr 5, 2012

light on this neighborhood.

Answers

10
Sam Gold, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Mar 10, 2015
If you are still looking to purchase a house in Brooklyn, please, don`t hesitate to contact me.
R Wright, Other Pro, NY,
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Hello Jaytua - I am in this area everyday and can tell you it is rapidly changing. As you drive down Bushwick Avenue you will notice several new constructions and pending developments. As well, several other projects are already approved and will break ground in the months ahead.

That said, you do not want to over-pay for your new home. If you would like to work with a realtor who knows the area please contact me @ 914-299-0420. This will give me an opportunity to completely absorb your ideas about what you are looking for in a home and find something that is in your price range.
Lana Headley, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Hi:

How are you doing? Please give me a call....917 882-2197.
Adrienne, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Thu May 31, 2012
BROADWAY IS A VERY BUSY AREA, NOT TO SAFE EITHER.
Jonzylady, Home Buyer,
Thu Apr 26, 2012
The area has improved however, keep in mind that you are in between two very busy avenues. Jefferson St, Macon St, Halsey street usually have block associations with homeowners who take pride in their homes. U will definitely be reminded on a daily basis of being in an urban area..train trestle runs on broadway, busy.
Alexandra M.…, Agent,
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Hello, I am Maria Collaz from Exit kingdom Realty. I have 14 year of experience working on Buswick and Ridgewood areas. I sugest to go to the previous web sides to find out about those areas. But if you need to see a great investment property in buswich just give me a call. I have a new listing 3fm full renovated house with 2/3/3bd with separate boiler for each apartment. It's a great investment property. My phone is 347-645-6902
Ari Gomez, , Brooklyn, NY
Thu Apr 5, 2012
Jaytua75;

You will need to personally go, at different times of day to get a feel for the neighborhood/area. You might even want to talk to some neighbors that live on the block. They are usually easy to spot. They'll be the ones who are looking through their windows looking to see what you are doing. Some even come outside. So, take advantage of the opportunity, introduce yourself and tell them that you are looking to buy in the area. Ask them anything that you would like to know. Chances are, they see everything that happens on the block.

Also, there are a couple a websites that you might want to visit to get a better idea of what's in and going on in the neighborhood. So here they are:

1.) maps.google.com

Type in the address and take a virtual walk around the neighborhood. That would be the preliminary "walk" around the neighborhood.

2.) http://www.walkscore.com

Type in the address and it will populate results for everything. From transportation, to, shopping, to banking, to entertainments, etc... It's a personal favorite.

3.) http://www.spotcrime.com

Type in the address and it will populate all the crime reports, from type of crime to time of day it happened to exact location of incident. It's also a personal favorite.

Check those websites out, they will be very useful.

Good luck with your purchase.

Should you require any other help, please feel free to email me at Gomez.theRealEstatePro@gmail.com

Ari Gomez
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Apr 5, 2012
Dear Jaytua75:

What is it that you want to know? You can find out a lot about a neighborhood using Google. Use the zip code you are looking in and add words like "crime statistics" or "public schools." You will get lots of information doing that.

Then you want to spend some time in the neighborhood and check out the lay of the land. You may even want to do this late at night!

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so in the end only you can decide if the neighborhood is good for you or not. Good luck and if I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Apr 5, 2012
Keep in mind that opinions are oftentimes subjective, what may be good for one may not necessarily be the case for another; therefore if unfamiliar with the areas, do revisit more than once and at different times of day; look for everything that is important to you, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc., then determine where your comfort level can best be reached. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Mike Dacko, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Apr 5, 2012
Send me your email and I'll send you a market analysis of the area and the average price of sq ft.