I am currently living in Illinois and I'm lloking into buying a house in Pleasant Prairie. I am a first time home buyer and I recently heard about

Asked by Lisa Jerz, Cary, IL Tue Sep 22, 2009

the Mortgage Credit Certificate. Can anyone offer me any information on the qualifications for it?

Answers

3
Dwayne Carr, , Kenosha, WI
Wed Jan 13, 2010
Hello Lisa, I am a Licensed Agent here in Kenosha WI., Hopefully this will give you the answers you need.
Please feel free to give me a call or send me a email, if you need further assistance. I specialize in working with first time home buyers, taking the time to walk them thru the process one step at a time.

•The $8,000 tax credit is for first-time home buyers only. For the tax credit program, the IRS defines a first-time home buyer as someone who has not owned a principal residence during the three-year period prior to the purchase.
•The tax credit does not have to be repaid unless the home is sold or ceases to be used as the buyer’s principal residence within three years after the initial purchase.
•The tax credit is equal to 10 percent of the home’s purchase price up to a maximum of $8,000.

http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com/faq1.php
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Try this site and see if it helps answer any of your questions.
Michelle Bat…, Agent, Winthrop Harbor, IL
Thu May 31, 2012
Hello Lisa,

It's been awhile since you posted on this blog but I thought I would check and see if you had found a place to call home or are still looking.

Pleasant Prairie is a beautiful area. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you the steps in buying a home and helping you find the right house to make a home. I am licensed in Wisconsin & Illinois and located on state line 1 mile from Pleasant Prairie.

I also offer my first time buyers a 1 year home warranty with the purchase of a home.