I am a Canadian investor looking for revenue properties in Phoenix. I am quite interested in a Townhome @ 3301 East Earle Drive. Is this a safe?

Asked by Joel T, Phoenix, AZ Mon Mar 12, 2012

area? Is this a good complex? What type of rent could I expect from a 2 bedroom unit in this area? If anyone could provide me with some clarity, that would be great. Cheers.

Answers

5
Mark & Terri…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Mar 13, 2012
Hi Joel,
The best thing to do is to go on the Arizona Secretary of State's website and look at the crime stats. Keep in mind that those stats include minor crimes like shoplifting and such. You can also call the police dept and ask them about violent crimes in the complex, neighborhood or zip code.
Under federal fair housing laws, agents are not allowed to tell you what is safe or unsafe but you have to do some of your own research.
Your agent can also drive around the neighborhood and take a video or pictures to give you a sense of the surrounding area, which sometimes can help.
If we can be of any help what so ever, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are full time real estate agents who have been in the business 12 years and now the local market.
Web Reference:  http://www.MarkandTerri.com
Phyllistine, Home Buyer, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Hello Canadian investor, 3301 East Earle drive is a bit of a high risk area. I was going to buy 1618 32nd street which is approx 8-10 blocks from that townhome. I decided to walk away. Scottdale is a safe area, and central Phoenix is a good area. But stay away from West and South Valley.
Daali, , Mesa, AZ
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Hi Joel,

Have you considered buying directly at Trustee Sale? There is a unit in that complex selling (Unit #119) on April 23rd and another on May 7th (Unit #210). Let me know if you would like any additional info.

Daali.
Jason Webb, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Tue Mar 13, 2012
Hi Joel,

As Mark & Terri pointed out due to Fair Housing Law we as agents cannot comment or give our opinion of areas or a complex. However, there are plenty of resources for getting crime stats. Prices and rents rates can be a good indication of what an area is like. Typically, the more in demand, the higher the prices. It will come down to your investment strategy. Are you looking for good cash flow? Looking for appreciation? Do you want rent ready homes or fixer up property? What is your budget?

The only unit that looks like it is available for sale is a HUD owned listed at $40K. Does not appear to have any appliances. Could also need additional work.

Currently there is a unit listed for $600 rent and a couple that rented in the $600s over the last year.

Jason Webb
623-252-9322 or 587-332-0422
Rocky Dole, Agent, Maricopa, AZ
Mon Mar 12, 2012
If you send me an email requesting this info then I can send you some information. However, in this forum I can not send you an attachment.