IS THERE HIGH CRIME IN GASTONIA, I WAS LOOKING TO WORK FOR A OLD NAVY THERE? WOULD LOVE YOUR INPUT ...THANK YOU

Asked by Karen Muti, Spring Hill, FL Wed Aug 1, 2012

Answers

5
dtstoolsofscv, Home Owner, Cherryville, NC
Wed Oct 31, 2012
Type the address you are looking at into crimereports.com and check the crime for that neighborhood, you can also check trulia.com scroll towards the bottom of the page and there is an area you can check schools, comps and crime. We recently relocated from Ca. to Cherryville (outside the city limits) and love it. Good luck.
Christine, Home Seller, Charlotte, NC
Sun Sep 30, 2012
yes. The City of Gastonia and Gastonia proper does have a high crime rate. But, the outlying areas are pretty good
Karen Muti, Home Buyer, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Aug 2, 2012
thank you but not looking for anything yet.
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Aug 1, 2012
Good morning karen.
We could find homes in areas that I am sure you would consider to be safe. There are a lot of great neighborhoods in gastonia as well as belmont , stanley, dallas, cramerton cherryville and even a few cities across the state line in south Carolina. If you contact me with the type of home you want, I will be glad to send you a list.
Bob Duckworth, Agent, Lilesville, NC
Wed Aug 1, 2012
As Realtors, we really can't answer that question. Your idea of high crime and mine or that of someone else, may be very different. And as in any city, some areas will naturally have a higher crime rate than other areas. The best place to get that info is to contact the local police department. The link below is to the Crime Statistics from the City of Gastonia's website. You can also find contact info there for the police department if you would rather call or email them.

http://www.cityofgastonia.com/city_serv/police/stats/stats.cfm