Madeline, Other/Just Looking in Staten Island, NY

II am married with 3 children and I am considering buying a home in seymour ave. How is this street and the?

Asked by Madeline, Staten Island, NY Mon Aug 31, 2009

surrounding neighborhood.

Answers

2
Hi Madeline. My opinion of Seymour Avenue is that it is in the south ward of Newark which is actually experiencing much of the crime you may have heard about in recent months. To me it appears that the South Ward has yet to be stabalized by Newark police at least until the completion of the $55 million police precinct being built on the corner of Bergen and Clinton (maybe about 3-5 blocks from Seymour). Even then it may not happen instantly. The exception is Clinton Hill which has a neighborhood association consisting of members who care about their homes. I advise you to drive the area on a weekday around 4 pm to see the true nature of a neighborhood.

I grew up in Newark, volunteer as a youth mentor there and operate a professional real estate investment company that renovates and sells quality homes throughout Essex (but only clean and safe neighborhoods in Newark and its surrounding cities) and Union counties. We are also members of the Better Business Bureau of NJ. So if you need any assistance on areas in Newark and it's surrounding cities and counties, feel free to email me at ihughes@LodestarCapital.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 13, 2009
pretty spot on ...
Flag Sat Sep 21, 2013
Hello Madeline as REALTORS we are not allowed to disclose certain aspects of streets and neighborhood, but if you woud like me to send you comps of sold properties on that street and neighborhood facts please email me at cjhomes4u@yahoo.com.