How safe is it to walk around midtown in the daytime??? At night???

Asked by Kim Osborne, Sacramento, CA Wed Oct 26, 2011

Answers

6
Tom Gonsalves, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Midtown Sacramento is where I spend most of my days as my office is located at 20th and H. I have lived in midtown on 24th Street in the past and my wife and I would often go out to bars and restaurants until late in the night (1-2 am) It is not safe for a women to walk alone late at night anywhere let alone in a midtown or downtown in my opinion. In general I consider it to be safe, but you will encounter an occassional rowdy bum which are best to just be ignored. There is a heavy homeless population in midtown and downtown, but generally speaking they are a part of the community and harmless. If you are lucky you will run into "Downtown James Brown" who does several damn good impression and is great at singing Princes Purple Rain... I know most of midtowns restaurant owners, bar owners, and shop owners and would love to share the spots I love with you. Contact me for more information.

Tom Gonsalves
Gonsalves Real Estate Properties

Owner/Broker
916-202-9784
stroyer62, Home Owner, Sacramento, CA
Mon Dec 8, 2014
I've lived in mid town 14v years never had a problem day or late night i own two homes in boulevard park area i do agree late at night its best too walk with others especially women and always beware of your surroundings.people in midtown are generally very friendly and most are always willing to help if you ever have a problem 1-10 i would give it a 9 sincerely steven troyer
JoAnn Kaleel, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
I live in Boulevard Park and have no problems in midtown in the daytime. At night I am much more watchful; I stay on the well-lit streets and avoid dark blocks. A neighbor and 3 friends (2 men and 2 women) left the market on 20th and H late one evening last spring. Walking down 20th St (very dark), they were held up by two men. My neighbor made a fuss and got punched, the others just gave up their money and left unscathed. I think you have to be alert - use good judgement - and keep to the busy, well-lit areas after dark. Hope that helps!
Isom Coleman, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
I would agree with Greg. I have walked through day and night without incident. For informational purposes please see attached link, it may help.
Belinda Popo…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
During the day I've never had an issue, cant say I've walked it at night on my own though as I typically have someone with me.
, ,
Wed Oct 26, 2011
As far as I'm concerned it is. Especially in the daytime but also at night. Midtown Sacramento is pretty safe in general. I walk around in midtown day and night pretty regularly (mostly on the weekends).

Greg