How much crime is there on St. James street in Roxbury?

Asked by Maynes7, Boston, MA Tue Aug 16, 2011

Answers

5
Ramona Brown, Renter, Boston, MA
Mon Jan 2, 2017
St. James is a quiet residential street with a missionary church at the top of the hill. It's a short street that gives quiet space in the city. No crime is on this street and it has neighbors who care and watch out for each other.
heathermcobr…, , Boston, MA
Thu Nov 8, 2012
I think that they question is regarding St James St in Roxbury (B-2) and not St James St in Donwtown /Back bay (D-4).
Rosemary Con…, , Boston, MA
Tue Aug 16, 2011
Ed and Heidi are both correct (Ed has given you the proper station info, as well). My only additional comment is that the Boston Police maintain a Community Relations Department to help with such questions - you will likely be directed to them.
State why you are asking/your concerns, and then ask how your specific area compares to others in the city (I think "relative to..." info is what you may be looking for?).
Also, obviously "crime" is a broad term...all places endure some kinds of crime - petty or not - as far as I know! You may be directed to a statistical database that analyzes patterns of different sorts of criminal events. That may be most helpful of all. It depends on your purposes.
The D4 station is easily accessible from St. James Street. You can always swing by and let them know what you are looking for, and ask the best way to meet your needs.
Best of luck!
Ed Sullivan, Agent, Boston, MA
Tue Aug 16, 2011
Hi: You should call the District 4 police station. Here is a link and phone number.

District D4 | Boston Police | City of Boston
Boston Police District D-4 Back Bay, South End
650 Harrison Ave. 02116
Captain Paul M. Ivens
Main number: 617-343-4250.
District D-4 Web Page.
http://www.cityofboston.gov/police/d4.asp
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Framingham, MA
Tue Aug 16, 2011
For questions such as this you should call the local Police Department.