How many house pets are allowed on homes with several acres on Bartlett Street, Katy, Tx?

Asked by Valerie, 77859 Wed Nov 9, 2011

The homes in this area have several acres. I think this is Waller County, but not sure, and may be in the Katy city limits(?). City ordinances allow horses, chickens, etc. but limits housepets to 3. Isn't the housepet limitation for homes on standard subdivision lots? Since this area allows horses, etc. and the homes are on acreage, wouldn't different limits apply regarding household pets? How can I find out? If the limit is 3, can a license be obtained to allow 1 or 2 more pets? What's the procedure for same?

Answers

7
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Nov 9, 2011
3 is three, it doesn't seem to be difficult to understand, however if there are exceptions then you need to ask the city or the county since they have the power to enforce the rules they make or wish to have you comply to!
Linda Morris, , Katy, TX
Wed Nov 9, 2011
Should I ask what kind of house pets? Normally the seller reviews on a case by case basis if you are renting. If buying then it good to check with the city, I believe all that was mentioned earlier from other agents for you.
Jennifer Ste…, Agent, Katy, TX
Wed Nov 9, 2011
1 Minimum Tract Size Required No person or other entity
shall raise keep breed or maintain any livestock aonrd
fowl within the City of Katy on a tract of land smaller
than one 1 acre
2 Restricted to personal cnomomerncial use No person or
other entity shall raise keep breed or maintain any
livestock aonrd fowl on a tract of land within the City of
Katy except for personal cnomomerncial use
3 Number of livestock or fowl and containment The number of
livestock or fowl that will be permitted on each one 1
acre tract are two horses OR two cows OR 2 goats OR 2
sheep OR 25 rabbits OR 25 chickens or other fowl All
rabbits chickens and other fowl shall be maintained in
closed pens and shall not be allowed to wander about the
premises Horses cows or sheep shall be contained within
a fenced area Such fence shall be of sufficient strength
and design to hold such animals
4 Swine not allowed No person or other entity shall raise
keep breed or maintain swine within the City of Katy
unless they qualify for an exemption as hereinafter
provided

This is copied directly from the City of Katy ordinance about livestock within the city limits. If you would like an answer about household pets (dogs, cats, etc.) you can contact Animal Control at 281-391-4740. Hope this information is helpful.
Valerie, Home Buyer, 77859
Wed Nov 9, 2011
Would the Deed restrictions possibly have different limits than the City?
Jennifer Ste…, Agent, Katy, TX
Wed Nov 9, 2011
I am checking with the City of Katy and will give you a more detailed answer shortly. Yes, Bartlett Street is in the City of Katy and in Waller County. The home currently for sale on Bartlett - I believe the one you are referring to - is on two acres.
Vickey Wacht…, Agent, Katy, TX
Wed Nov 9, 2011
Valerie

If this house is in Katy city limits you could call city hall and get your answer. House pets are usually limited to avoid kennels, if you are wanting to have a kennel you would need to speak to the city about possibly getting a permit.

If I knew more about the property I might be able to direct you better to getting your answers, feel free to call me to discus.
Kerry Duncan, Agent, Katy, TX
Wed Nov 9, 2011
Hi Valerie,

I wouldn't take anybody's opinion as gospel on this unless they were from the city of Katy and they put it in writing.