How is the parking?

Asked by Ann Simpson, Riverside, CT Fri Aug 10, 2012

Answers

9
Gabriel Rojas, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Hello Ann,

Parking in San Francisco can be a bit challenging. If you can afford to buy a home with a parking space I would highly recommend the extra cost. It will save you time, money, and high blood pressure! If the home or apartment that you'll live in does not offer parking then try to rent one from a neighbor or look for the closest parking garages in your area. If you don't have to come and go during evening rush hour then perhaps street parking will work for you.

Gabriel
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sat Aug 11, 2012
In general, parking is difficult. Depending on where the property is on Nob Hill, you may not have much need for a car. Sections of some streets do not have street cleaning schedules so it's possible to leave a car parked for long periods.
Web Reference:  http://www.oggikashi.com
Amy Blakeley, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Aug 10, 2012
Hi Ann,
Parking can be tough in the evenings but is generally not bad in the morning and afternoon. Usually once you settle into your home, you find little tricks within a few blocks. If the property you're interested in doesn't have parking and you're not interested in street parking, you can find both public and private garages that rent spaces on a monthly basis. Check Craigslist for private parking availability and pricing. If you are considering buying in Nob Hill, I'd be happy to help you get started.

Amy Blakeley
McGuire Real Estate
ablakeley@mcguire.com
http://www.ChateauSF.com
(415)533-2496
Christine.w…, Other Pro, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2016
The parking in Nob Hill is very difficult, especially if we compare with Inner Richmond. Someone says that Nob Hill are hottest spots for parking tickets
Nalani.ashley, Home Owner, San Francisco, CA
Wed Oct 19, 2016
Parking in nob hill is ok during work hours, but after work hours it is a mad house. Parking spaces have rented in my building for $350/month. Parked car break-ins in nob hill are increasing. Neighbors have had their car window broken in and a box of doughnuts stolen within a 10 minute time frame.
I've seen a lot of cars with a 'bumper bully' that hang over your bumper.

Keep in mind that street parking is not free. If not after regular parking hours of 8am-9pm you would need an area parking pass from the sfmta, whichis $127 annually.
Mark Braiban…, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Hi Ann,

Parking in the area can be tough to find (and expensive) but there are some very helpful resources. This "nob hill parking tips & map" shows you where all the different parking places are: http://blog.parkme.com/2013/04/02/nob-hill-parking/

Basically it says that the "California St lot" located at 1567 California Street (between Larking and Polk Streets) is the best to park at during the day. There is a very helpful map included as well.
, ,
Sat Sep 29, 2012
I lived on Powell between Bush and Pine for twenty years. In 1980 parking was hard, but most renters didn't own cars, and many changes now in place hadn't occurred ie: building hotels, and
competing with valet parking at restaurants.

None of it mattered when I was on foot walking four blocks to the office, when the office moved out
of town, I had to drive, and as the old tenants moved to retirement homes or died, the young new
tenants moved in had a lot more cars, and there were NO tricks that would fix the musical chairs of
not having enough legal or illegal parking spaces to go around. When traffic control went to 24hrs,
my parking tickets hit over $200 mo., and today that might be 2x or 3x as fines have increased. If
you have a car, be prepared to either pay high parking rent, or lots of aggrevation over fines. The
other consideration is crime - feelings of safety are purely illusory.
Jae Ng, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Sep 17, 2012
In Nob Hill, street parking can be a little difficult. But I have many friends and clients that live in Nob Hill who have learned the tips and tricks of parking in Nob Hill.

It will depend on the time and specific area for your parking needs.

There are also monthly parking garages around $250 - $350/ month.
Helen Yuen, Agent, Oakland Ca 94605, CA
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Hi Anne: You say you like Nob Hill right? Street parking can be difficult.

However, here are two parking garages that have quite reasonable rates -
check them out - plus they boast of excellent customer service:

City Park 1234 Pine Street & Hyde 94109 (415) 776-1811 http://www.citypark.com til 12am
Royal Parking Management 1776 Sacramento/Polk (415) 567-4707

There are other SF neighborhoods with fairly easy street parking
- email or call me for additional information
- or as suggested by other realtors, shop for a home with enough parking spaces - yeah, agents
can search for homes with garages and check out the parking situation for you.

Helen Yuen, Land & Property Investment, Inc (415) 469-0577 helenyuen@lpirealtor.com
Call with a question about your home or business for sale.
Coming soon blog on going green with electric cars.