How is the area in 49009? What kind of neiborhood lives in this area? How safe it's? I'm looking for a home 3BR 2 Bath not too far from WMU.

Asked by shyamgupta, Kalamazoo, MI Sat Sep 24, 2011

Answers

5
Joshua Richm…, Agent, Portage, MI
Fri Aug 16, 2013
I too live in 49009 and love the location. You can find the crime stats on Trulia to better help you make up your mind if this is a safe location. I live in Texas TWP and we have a fire department but we do not have a Police Department if that helps you out.
Greg Watts, Agent, Kalamazoo, MI
Tue Apr 16, 2013
I currently reside in the 49009 area and love the convenience to downtown Kalamazoo and Westnedge. We have a lower tax rate, great property values, and the Mattawan School district is excellent.
Brian Methner, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Kalamazoo, MI
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Texas Township is a great area to consider. With easy access to both I-94 and US 131, you'll have great resale potential as well as be able to take advantage of lower taxes.
Parag, Both Buyer And Seller, Kalamazoo County, MI
Wed Aug 8, 2012
I lived on torrey pines in 49009 for seven years. It is a nice, friendly & safe neighborhood with low taxes compared to portage. It has no HOA fees . The larger lots give a better look to the neighborhood and allow kids to play soccer in front yards. The 12 th street elementary is a brand new 14 Million dollar school. Trulia ranks 49009 as the most popular neighborhood which is fully justified. The population in texas township grew by 40% in the last 10 years.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Sep 24, 2011
For any crime concerns, your best source of accurate information is the local police department; consider a call/visit and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area, do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals neighbors; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods....
http://spotcrime.com/