How does the property at 3606 Conch Street compare or differ from the property at 2529 Rivertowne Parkway?

Asked by christinehumble, Greensboro, NC Mon Mar 5, 2012

Answers

7
Millie Martin, Agent, Charleston, SC
Mon Mar 5, 2012
Hello Christine,

While both houses are very nice the two neighborhoods are worlds apart. Rivertowne is a planned community with very similar home styles and the HOA to maintain the community appeal. Copahee does not have any of this. I guess it is all in what appeals to you, the buyer, and what your life style is. Those are things you need to consider.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Phone me at 843-830-4977 or email me at mmartin@carolinaone.com

Millie
Jay Rogers, , Mount Pleasant, SC
Mon Mar 5, 2012
In addition to both being "Short Sales", the homes appear to have serious issues according to the Seller Information provided::

3606 Conch Ct. - Upstairs HVAC not working properly, Jacuzzi Tub runs constantly unless turned off at the Breaker, Stove not working properly, Flood Insurance at $1795 per year.

2529 Rivertowne Parkway : According to the seller pipes are "brittle" and one broke in the wall upstairs flooding both the the first and second floors. Damage to walls and appliances, ceiling collapsed, and there are possible mold problems. Other than that..... I would have to check for you for updated information. Jay Rogers
Michael Schu…, Agent, Mount Pleasant SC 29464, SC
Mon Mar 5, 2012
Both the homes are short sales but the one on Conch looks to be closer to approval. They both look nice, but be advised, the home in Rivertowne likely has some latent defects...More importantly, there is a BIG difference between the two neighborhoods. They are obviously, both in Mt. P, but Rivertowne and Copahee View have very different appeals. Copahee has very relaxed (if any) covenants and restrictions, while Rivertowne is more conscientious of the look of the neighborhood. When driving through Rtowne, the many styles of homes are more balanced, whereas Copahee has an eclectic variety ranging from the home on Conch to single and double wide mobile homes.
Cheryll Wood…, Agent, Mount Pleasant, SC
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Dear Christine,

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to advise you on homes in the Charleston area!

The home on Conch Street and the home in Rivertowne are completely different properties in completely different neighborhoods. The biggest difference that you would notice at once is that Copahee View has a much more rural feel on a larger lot. The home in Rivertowne Parkway is in a small lot in a neighborhood that is more formalized with a maritime village feel and higher property values as a whole.

Children in both neighborhoods attend the same schools.

I hope that this has been helpful...let me know if I can assist further!

Cheryll

Cheryll Woods-Flowers, Keller Williams Realty
cflowers@woodsflowers.com
843-442-2219
Marty Chandl…, Agent, Goose Creek, SC
Mon Mar 5, 2012
I've been in the house on Conch. This home is more of a custom built look and feel. The interior features are higher end like appliances, counters, flooring, railing, cabinetry ect.... Also the parking/garage is drive under and approx 15-18 ft high and massive amounts of storage vs detached two car garage in Rivertowne. The lot size is bigger on Conch as well. They are two different home styles as in the foundation and the community. The community at Conch is an older style community and CCR's are not enforced and the style of homes vary considerably. There is a very nice view out to the sounds from the upper levels on Conch in one direction and the other direction are lower end homes. Each community will speak for itself and will atract 2 different styles of home buyers.

Marty Chandler
843-514-4390
Coldwell Banker United, Realtors
mchandlerjr@gmail.com
Patrick Maha…, Agent, Sullivans Island, SC
Mon Mar 5, 2012
Hi Christine,

Homes comparison for each category are set Rivertowne prkwy vs. Conch St.

Location- Rivertone vs. Copahee View
Size- 2297vs. 2800
Price 330k vs. 340k
Age- 1998 vs. 2008
Floorplan Utility- Poor vs. Good
Condition- good vs. excellent
Upgrades- average vs good
location- good vs. average

If you would like to discuss the properties further or see either please contact me at 843-725-8003.
Matt Scarafi…, Agent, Mount Pleasant, SC
Mon Mar 5, 2012
The big difference is the neighborhood. Rivertowne Country Club is a master planned commuinity with a pool, tennis, golf, clubhouse, and covenants and restrictions. Copahee View (where 3606 Conch Street is) has none of those.