How do you use Home Stagers as a Realtor? What seems to really work best for you?

Asked by Debra Rosser, Flower Mound, TX Mon Mar 22, 2010

Answers

4
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Mar 22, 2010
Your having a vision that makes the home more salable. That works really great for me, Debra.

Although I am an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP), I find that bringing in full-time professional stagers provides tremendous benefits.
Poogle N, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Tue Aug 5, 2014
While home stagers definitely add value, I rarely use them given today's DFW housing market. I advise my clients to stage the property that will enable prospective buyers to envision them living there.
Sawsan Gharib, Home Buyer, Flower Mound, TX
Sun Aug 3, 2014
Always hire ASP staggers , not just use your realtor . Do u go to your dentist to check your eyes ? of course not . Use professionals to get professional results . As an ASP and a realtor , I see a lot of mistakes that realtors who are not ASP trying to stage , they decorate instead and therefore the goal is not achieved.
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Mon Mar 22, 2010
It depends on the price point of the home. It isn't what we want as much as it is what the prospective buyers expect. If the furnishings in the home don't fit the home, I have them removed. If we have a vacant resale home attempting to separate itself from the vacant short sales and foreclosures, then staging can make all the difference in helping buyers remember that every home has it's own story and you cannot just lump them all together and low-ball everybody.

I find I use staging services very rarely. Only a home or two a year in most years. An under-furnished home is better than an over-furnished one. Most times, it's a matter of us using what the owners already have. That may not be what you want to hear, as a Stager. The reality is that over time agents become fairly adept at listening to the feedback of the buyers and figuring out for themselves what will work online in photos and in person for showings.

Have a great day!
Ronda