How do you report squatters?

Asked by eagleone, Victorville, CA Sat Jul 2, 2011

House is REO and a UHaul pulled up in the middle of the night, unloaded in about 15 minutes and took off. These people do not seem legit. How do I determine the owner to notify them? 11597 Maywood St.

Answers

4
Breanna ’s answer
Breanna , Renter, Victorville, CA
Thu Sep 20, 2012
I live in the same neighborhood and having the same problem with two houses on my street. Ive called the cops and they didnt even show up. No point in calling them. Tonight i witnessed something odd going on in the house on the corner. Thought maybe i could get info here.
Ruth & Mike…, Agent, Hesperia, CA
Sat Sep 10, 2011
thank you for being in the alert of your neighborhood first of all, since you know that will make an impact in your areas, the next time you should call the police when this things are happen and they will be able to handle them.... do not attempt to handle them yourself. Your safety is first.

Ruth E Feast
The Feast Team
with Keller Williams reallty
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat Jul 2, 2011
Call the police.

If the house were listed, call the listing agent. However, if the owner is Bank of America or Wells Fargo, I doubt you'd have much success in contacting them. But the tax records should indicate who the owner is.

Kathy Weber, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Sat Jul 2, 2011
eagleone -

The first thing to do is contact your local police department.

Let them do the research on the owner's. Once located, the police will let them know what's going on.

It's great to know that neighbors still watch out for each other!