How do I find the home owners association for the house I am living in. I am just renting, but problems with neighbors junk and dogs.

Asked by Neighbor, Houston, TX Mon Aug 30, 2010

Also the neighbor just put up a hand written sign "Trespassers will be shot dead! Really" with the picture of a gun. Our windows are right next to this area of the home and our children sleep there. The man has four dogs that bark under our windows making it hard to sleep. He has lots of junk and the backyard looks like a jungle. We live on a busy street. Don't know how he can keep the property like this in this area so would like to find the home owner, he does not own that home, and the home owners association.

Answers

7
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Apr 3, 2014
Consult your neighbors. They may be able to be helpful. They may also share your concerns and join your cause. Situations of this nature are always best presented as a group concern rather than an individual's.

Carla Jackson, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Apr 2, 2014
you can also look at the local tax records.
quete, Other Pro, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 1, 2014
In Houston call 311 and ask what civic club or HOA includes your address.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Apr 1, 2014
Yikes, if another Neighbor cannot tell you the HOA phone # than possibly go to the local authorities with a picture of that sign & let the Police do what they need to do.
Jodi Sherret…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jan 26, 2011
You might be able to locate the owner through the tax records. Go to hcad.org and look up the address. Also, dogs barking are a noise violation, you can file a complaint with the police. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://FirstMarketRealty.com
Cris Christi…, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Jan 3, 2011
If you will send me the name of your subdivision, I can provide you with the Homeowner's Association or the management company that handles the subdidivion. There are some areas in Houston that don't have an owner's association. That puts them under the governance of the city. If you will send me the address of the house next to yours, I can send you the name of the owner of the home. You can also look it up on Harris County Appraisal Districts records. The city health department may be your answer to the trash situation. If you would like to discuss this further, my email is crisjchristian@aol.com.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Aug 30, 2010
You may wish to check your lease as the name of the owner and/or the association will be in the document, or ask a neighbor(s), or any local agent(s) can tell you provided that an address is given.