How can I have the taxes reassest, the current taxes reflect a much higher purchase price for what is now a 50k home. Thank you.

Asked by Kelleydonaldson, Harper Woods, MI Mon Dec 10, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Eric Michael, Agent, Northville, MI
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Set an appointment with the city/county tax department. They'll either take your case or tell you who can.
0 votes
Karen Paytas, Agent, Clinton Twp, MI
Mon Dec 10, 2012
You can usually argue the assessment at the tax tribunal in your City. Call the City to find out when you can schedule an appointment. You will need to show proof that the homes in your area are selling for less than your assessed value and those should not include foreclosed properties.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Mon Dec 10, 2012
You need to speak with someone from the county tax assessment office. I am sorry to say I bet you won't get too far since every home in your county will have the same argument.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more