History of Ausbury Park and how is changing now?

Asked by Rosario Sanchez, Wed Feb 4, 2009

Answers

7
Jillian Mason, Agent, Monroe, NJ
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Asbury Park is a prime waterfront location and the area is being renovated, bringing more trendy shops to the area and some brand new waterfront condos. I legally cannot disclose statistics regarding crime, etc., but I recommend you do your research before purchasing. Good luck!

Jillian Mason-Sales Associate
Direct: 732-586-5488
E-Mail: jillian@jillianmason.com
Web Reference:  http://www.jillianmason.com
" I legally cannot disclose statistics regarding crime"

Read between the lines. Do you think she would say this if it was a white area. Duh! Bring your guns and watch what colors you wear. Whites shot on sight.
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012
Dejaun, Home Buyer,
Wed Mar 4, 2009
oh come on, the school system is Asbury is not improving. The NY times posted an article allowing you to track SAT scores for the decade for every school district in the state. Asbury posted one of the lowest overall scores with the biggest decline, almost 200 points. This is all despite the fact that the funding has increased due to it being an Abbot district. Furthermore, the town of Asbury is not improving. Real estate is depressed, and those restaurants will be out of business in a few years because of the recession. On top of that, Asbury is still a town with a lot of crime. Crime increases during hard times. Asbury will only get worse in the next couple of years. There is no such thing as "revitalization" during economic hard times. Stay away from Asbury. There are much nicer and safer towns in Monmouth County that you could live in.
theBIGstep, Home Buyer, Prince William County, VA
Sun Mar 1, 2009
asbury park is in the beginning of a revitalization effort. Again....its in the beginning. Its trying to attract alot of people with alot of promises. Err on caution. You wouldn't find me willing driving through that town at night.....and until they get out some of the corruption you would be dealing with alot of left over elements.

I know they are building some crazy new places. I believe Long Branch NJ is their little model but its taken over 10 yrs for them to get Long Branch to where it is now....and its been a struggle.

I believe Asbury will be great again,,,,,but gaging when is the question....
Long Branch is a dump that is following behind Asbury. The "Beginning' of the revitalizationhas been ongoing since the 70's!!!!! Letys get real! Where do liberals get their view of things in the real world?
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012
Mrs. L, , Asbury Park, NJ
Mon Feb 16, 2009
It's not nearly as interesting as it used to be..
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Tue Feb 10, 2009
Read the book, "Fourth of July, Asbury Park" for the history of AP.
Even with all the changes they are trying to implement, it is still (in my opinion) a risky investment as Francesca states. There is a lot of corruption and crime, most of which is swept under the table.
However, the changes which are taking hold are good ones and someday! it might be a wonderful place to live. The real estate buys that are there might make taking the plunge worth it for the right buyer. There is no place on the South Monmouth coast that offers the prices Asbury does. Bargains are everywhere.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Mon Feb 9, 2009
Remains a high risk investment, despite their best efforts to clean up the town. If your risk tolerance is high, then go for it!

Be adivsed, I've watched many potential investors suffer great losses in Asbury with no recouperation in sight.

Francesca Patrizio, Realtor Associate
Realmart Realty - An AFFORDABLE Way to Sell Your Home
$395 FLAT FEE MLS
Ranked #20 out of 436 Real Estate Brokers in Monmouth/Ocean County MLS in 2008
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Elizabeth H…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Thu Feb 5, 2009
Asbury Park up and coming. When I was a teeenager it was the place to go rides, beach and concerts; it took a turn for the worst but now shops, places to eat, homes fixed up etc... I think buying in Asbury now is a very smart move. The school system is improving but there are great private schools if that is a concern.