Epdurr, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Hello from London ,England. A great Uncle of mine ( Patrick Thomas Durr ) owned & lived in this house in 1940. Value then $5 000. l belive that he

Asked by Epdurr, Detroit, MI Mon Aug 6, 2012

may have also owned a 'nut & bolt' workshop.
Can anyone help with where l can find more info of any kind ?
Many Thanks, Eamonn Durr Email to - epdurr@hotmail.com may have owned a 'nut & bolt' workshop.
Can anyone help with where l can find more info of any kind? Many Thanks.
Eamonn Durr - email - epdurr@hotmail.com

Answers

4
Tim and Linda Keohane’s answer
Hello Eamonn! This isn't the usual real estate question, but I am a "Family History Nut", who has dug up a bit of information about the Detroit area because that's where Tim's ancestors of four-generations ago settled. I have had a lot of success with my subscription with Ancestry.com, which has a lot of information available. There are "basic" enrollment fees and more "advanced" enrollment fees which you can subscribe to, depending upon the depth you want to get into for your research. If you live any where near a large library, you can go to almost any Public Library and ask them to help you obtain a connection to the Burton Historical Collection, in the Detroit Public Library, which has collection of information about prominant Detroit people, compiled by Clarence Monroe Burton, an historiographer who collected original documents for over 40 years. I also think if you Google "U.S. Census Information for Detroit, Michigan", you might find the link to the University of Michigan information, or the Detroit Geneological Societies web sites. If you would like to contact me "0ff-Line" at timandlinda@greatlakesandland.com with as much information as you have (names, approximate dates, etc., etc., maybe I can give you some more direct help in your search. Good Luck! From the Michigan Keohanes, who originally came from County Cork, Ireland! Linda 08-06-12
Great info below, call the county also to request copies of the deeds.
Thanks, Josh.
Flag Tue Dec 10, 2013
Check the county records, best place to start when researching property ownership.
This house was designed by Bloodgood Tuttle a prominent architect, who worked in Detroit and the Cleveland area.