HOW THE AREA AROUND THIS HOUSE?

Asked by Josephine, New York Sat Oct 16, 2010

Answers

5
Joseph Runfola’s answer
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Tue Oct 19, 2010
Hello Josephine, the area around Grymes Hill includes Wagner College, St. John's University. Grymes Hill has city bus service with connections to the buses to the Manhattan Ferry, and the bus to Bay Ridge Brooklyn. Grymes Hill is protected by the Hillside Preservation District Law, which was passed by the City Council in 1987. This limited development on slopes steeper than 35 degrees. Many homes in the area have views of New York Harbor, and the Verrazano Bridge.
Web Reference:  http://www.clovelake.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Oct 17, 2010
Keep in mind that opinions are often subjective--If you are not familiar with the area, do visit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, look at everything that is important to you and make a determination--will your comfort level be reached--real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Christine Mc…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Sat Oct 16, 2010
Hi Josephine,

I would suggest taking a walk in the neighborhood on a Saturday or early afternoon on a Sunday. People are out working in their yards. Everyone loves to talk about their neighborhood. I tell my clients to do this all the time.
Christine
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Sat Oct 16, 2010
Hi Josephine, best resource to ask about "how the area is" are the local police and sheriff. They can give you hard information. Real estate agents are legally restricted from offering opinions on such matters
Team Real Es…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Sat Oct 16, 2010
hi josephine, staten island is a beautiful area to live in with beautiful neighborhoods and parks. I advise you to explore the area on your own as different people may have their own opinion. I would drive the area during different times of the day and during the weekend,this will help you get a feel for the area and you can decide if you can see yourself living in the neighborhood.