HELLO, We are supposed to relocate from abroad (Israel) with two kids five years old and one year old, and looking for a place to live in New York

Asked by Ritali, Ridgewood, NJ Tue Apr 5, 2011

Metropolitan Area. The budget is 2600-30000$.We need 3 bedrooms house. My husband is going to work in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a safe area with good transportation to Manhattan and non-orthodox private Jewish school (The Company is ready to pay for private Jewish day school, so the children will not go back to Israel as total foreigners.)I am thinking about Tenafly but any other suggestions are welcomed.
We are considering coming to look for a house at 19/04-24/4.
We would appreciate if you could inform us if there are properties available from July first.
Thanks, Rita.

Answers

6
Sofia Ginzbu…, Agent, Fair Lawn, NJ
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Hello Rita,
To give you an idea, here is the link to the currently available properties in the area:
http://www.priv.njmls.xmlsweb.com/R.asp?C=11704049&D=4/5…
As to the schools, many people chose Solomon Schechter day school. It located in New Milford and the program runs from pre-kindergarten to 8th grade. Here is their web-site:
http://www.ssdsbergen.org/
Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to know more about any of these rentals and all the other info.
Sofia Ginzburg
Prominent Homes Realty
201-315-0143 cell
sofia_hom@hotmail.com
Robert Bruck…, Home Seller, West Caldwell, NJ
Sat Apr 28, 2012
Did you make your move? Are you still looking? It's been about a year since you posted your question. If you are still looking, I'd like to offer my services as a real estate professional. My name is Robert Bruckner and my phone number is (973) 901-1900. I am a broker with Coldwell Banker and I have been in the real estate business for 25 years. I work primarily in the Livingston and Caldwell areas. I have helped many families make Aliyah with selling their homes. I know how important Israel is to you and how important educating is with respect to bringing them up the right way. As a real estate professional, I can offer you many different opportunities. As a Jewish real estate professional, I share your ideals when it comes to education. I am a New jersey Certified Teacher (don't teach anymore) who taught religious school to students who attended public school. I also have knowledge of the area day schools in New Jersey as well as some of the schools in New York City that you might also want to consider. I may be reached at (973) 901-1900. Good luck to you on your move. Or if you alredy made your move, still good luck Robert
Sofia Ginzbu…, Agent, Fair Lawn, NJ
Tue Jun 7, 2011
Hello Rita,
Thank you for picking my answer as the best one! :))
Just following up- what area did you chose?
Very best regards,
Sofia
201-315-0143
Barbara Ostr…, Agent, Closter, NJ
Tue Apr 5, 2011
As a longtime Teaneck realtor and resident, I can certainly help you find a home to rent in Tenafly, Teaneck, Englewood area. Your budget of $2600-$3000 is very doable. All three have access to good transportation to NYC (Teaneck especially) and proximity to a variety of educational choices. I am very familiar with the options you ask about, and can meet with you at any time during that period. Please email me directly so I can send you possible listings to consider and we can set a time to get together!

Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker RE
tneckmom308@aol.com
Renee Bouaziz, Agent, Tenafly, NJ
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Hi Rita,

Governor Christie of New Jersey just approved a Hebrew/English dual language immersion Charter School in Englewood, the new school is called the Shalom Academy Charter School and is accepting new students on a lottery basis. The classes are kindergarten through 5th grade. It is open and free for Englewood and Teaneck residents. I am free to help you during that period. Please feel free to be in touch with me. I am also a relocation specialist.

Renee Bouaziz
Coldwell Banker Tenafly
201 233 1852
Peter J Roge…, Agent, Mahwah, NJ
Tue Apr 5, 2011
not sure if you are loooking to buy or rent from the amount quoted by you.
Tenefly, Teaneck, Englewood. Fairlawn would be suitable from the point of commuting to NYC and these towns are pretty close together.
If you wish to rent then usually houses are leased on a yearly basis with the need to advise of leaving one month before the end of the lease so if you wanted to move in July first there should be availability whne you visit at the end of april although the owners would probably expect you to pay the security up front in order to hod it for you until you move in. That is probably something your husbands employer might be willing to assist you with.
My web site is below with contact info I would be happy to assist you