In My Neighborhood in 55431>Question Details

Smithknaj3, Renter in Joliet, IL

Good morning i will be visiting your area in July,I am looking to move to this area.Can anyone tell me what it is like to live in this area.I have a

Asked by Smithknaj3, Joliet, IL Mon Apr 2, 2012

14 yr old son .so i want something clean convenient safe.so forth and so on.Whats near by in walking distance ,High Schools, Business hotels so forth and so on.If you could be of any or all help it would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Kimberly

Answers

9
What city did you end up living in?

Are you renting?
Good afternoon Cody.We ended up living in Joliet Illinois from Florida,due to the economy.However we would love to be in Minnesota where the Economy is stronger and the schools are better.Don't get me wrong my son is a straight A student and is enrolled in the Achievement Academy.He is trul a blessing for most teens are not.so i can not complain.However Minnesota has a stronger economy with better schools and area.We are renting right now due to my student loans nobody wants to take a chance and i can understand that.So were renting as of now.I hear Hopkins is a great place to live,However Bloomington has all the jobs.Chanhassen is also a good little town but has little Apt's to choose from that i know of.
Flag Thu Oct 11, 2012
Hi Smithknaj3 (Joliet, IL) Please contact Mark Turnberg to view a lovely, mint conditions, move in read home in Bloomington, 9206 Russell Ave. South 55431, (Truila's photo does NOT do the home justice, will be listed on other sides and Infobox website with lots of photos. House is FSBO and shown by appointment only. Large private yard on a lake with wetlands nearby. Very safe area, Mid-West location, close to Jefferson High, Normandale College. Easy access to many freeways, 35W, 494, Cedar & Hwy 100. Lot lots of shopping areas closeby, some walkiing distance, others 5 min. drive. Have your realtor schedule an appointment asap, realtors will get a 3% commissions for closing and services. Qualified buyers only.
Kimberly,
I agree with the agents' responses. Donald and Scott both gave a good high-level view of Bloomington. We have wide variety of amenities, a great value in services and employ more people in the city than how many live here. Please take a look at the information here: http://www.makebloomingtonhome.com

Feel free to contact me if you have questions about financing a new home. We would love to have you join us here in Bloomington - a great place to live, work and play!
Hi Kimberly. Did you end up finding all the info you needed? I live in work in the Bloomington area. All of the information from the other agents was great. Do you have any other questions? Feel free to email me directly at
dgwarnest@cbburnet.com or check out our site which has some great area info at
http://www.danwarnest.com
Hope we have been of great help!
Dan
Good morning Dan,
Yes i did.
Thank you
Flag Thu Apr 26, 2012
Dear Smithknaj3,

Bloomington has everything you are looking for and more. Affordable housing, good schools, good parks, lots of shopping (Mall of America and others), convenient transportation, next to the MSP airport, many businesses, many hotels of all prices. There is a lot of information on the City of Bloomington website: http://www.ci.bloomington.mn.us/

If you would like any assistance with your home search, moving, finance, etc. we can help.
Thank you Donald.
Flag Wed Apr 4, 2012
Bloomington MN is a great place to raise children. Not sure if you know that the Mall Of America is located in Bloomington. Housing is affortable and close to the major high ways.
Thank you Doneva.
Flag Wed Apr 4, 2012
Kimberly,

I grew up in St Paul and moved to Bloomington 28 years ago. It is a great city with much to offer and a good value for your tax dollars in terms of services provided, the schools and easy access to both downtowns. Bloomington is somewhat divided into East and West Bloomington with the Wester portion of the city being a little more affluent. There is ample supply of businesses, hotels along what is called the "strip" which is Highway 494.

I have raised my three children in Bloomington with two of them now off to college and my youngest still in High School as a Junior. If you should have any specific questions feel free to contact me.

Take Care!

Steve Casalenda
Thank you Steve.
Flag Wed Apr 4, 2012
Good Morning Kimberly,

I live in Bloomington and know the area well. There are numerous business hotels along highway 494 strip on the north side of your zip code. There is great shopping and restaurants at Penn Ave S and American Blvd. Great parks for walking and nature at 84th and France Ave S, and 98th and France to name a few. Jefferson High School is off of 102nd and France Ave S.
To the west of you is a large park called Hyland Park( link to the park: http://www.threeriversparks.org/parks/hyland-lake-park.aspx )
and to the south is mountain biking trails at the Minnesota River on the southern edge of your zip code.
Here is a link to Bloomington MN Website: http://www.ci.bloomington.mn.us/
Let me know how I can help and if you want a tour of some homes in the area.
Scott Chapman
Edina Realty
612-720-0773
http://www.scottchapman.com
Good morniing Scott.
Thank you so much.Going to check out the site now..Will be in touch.
Again thank you.
Kimberly
Flag Mon Apr 2, 2012
Good morning, I didn't catch what city you're moving to? Are you renting or buying a home? Let me know...

Rick
952-451-2900
Realestatedealsmn@gmail.com
Good morning Rick.
I will be in Bloomington.I will be renting for at least 1 yr then i will be purchasing a home..
Thank you.
Kimberly
Flag Mon Apr 2, 2012