Fence dividing 2 properties

Asked by EBEM, Cantonment, FL Fri Jun 24, 2011

The fence dividing mine and my neighbor's properties was build approximately 3 foot over on his property. Is he able to enter my side of the fence to cut 3 foot of grass?

Answers

4
Jack Liebsch…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Fri Jun 24, 2011
If he legally owns the property, I see no reason why he couldn't. If trespassing is an issue, you could always put up your own fence.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Fri Aug 29, 2014
Legally yes, but realistically as your befitting from the fence being put up incorrectly you should be doing this. Remember unless you have an encroachment agreement between the two of you, he could demand you relocate the fence along the property line. Seems like cutting the grass for them would be a better arrangement.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Aug 29, 2014
As described, it would appear that your neighbor has approximately 3 feet of their land on which to do as they choose.

Janice Parker, Renter, 32533
Thu Aug 28, 2014
NO he is not, by putting fence 3 feet on his property, it is like giving you 3 feet. He needs to move his fence on property line to be able to mow. The three feet only benefit him at this point if he sells his property and the fence would still have to be moved at that time.
Regardless of where the fence is located the owner of the land still benefits from its utility.....
Flag Fri Aug 29, 2014
I am not a renter, I am a homeowner in Gonzales area
Flag Thu Aug 28, 2014