In My Neighborhood in 96778>Question Details

Grace Dizon, Home Buyer in Clearwater Beach, FL

Does 14-3461 shell rd,pahoa have county water,electricity, and internet?what is the distance to the beach,airport and shopping mall?

Asked by Grace Dizon, Clearwater Beach, FL Mon Nov 26, 2012

Aloha Grace!

Get this deal while you can! I know the floor plan and it is nice! At $74/sq, ft,, there is no way to build at that price now!

So for your questions! Many homes in Puna are on water catchment tanks. I have had one for over 25 years and only had to buy water three times, so don't let that scare you off. There are many water delivery trucks and they charge about $140 for 3000 gallons. There will be regular electric, but unfortunately, probably not internet except by satellite, but I need to double check.

Pahoa village has many restaurants and a food market, hardware store and much more. The distance to HIlo International Airport is approximately 25 miles from this address. There are several black sand beaches near the airport in the Keaukaha coast area. Or you could go to Pohoiki Beach and boat ramp which is nearer, approximately 10 miles from Nanawale Estates. There is also the popular "Hot Pond" that is close to Pohoiki. For great snorkeling I like to go to Kapoho via Vacationland Estates. That ocean edge is a series of tide pools with breathtaking views of the fish in their element. That area is also approximately 10 miles from Nanawale. Check out an expanded map for the directions!

So whether this house is the right one for you or not, let me know your priorities and we'll help you find what your looking for! Marti Morishige, PB Orchid Properties, LLC 808-982-6630
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 26, 2012
Aloha Grace

This property is on water-catchment.. there is power and internet service. It is also a short sale which means you either have proof of funds or a pre-approval letter if you wish to make an offer. Airport is about 20 miles away, shops in Pahoa town 5 miles and beach about 10 miles. Please feel free to contact me for more information. thanks
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 26, 2012
Aloha Grace,

Mahalo for your question.This home is in the Nanawale Subdivision. The water for the house is supplied by a catchment tank (some homes in this subdivision have county water access, but not this one). The home is 10-15 minutes from the town of Pahoa which has grocery stores, small shopping centers and a nice variety of restaurants and businesses.

Hilo is approximately 30-45 minutes away....there you will find a mall and a variety of Big Box stores (Target, Walmart, Home Depot etc). The airport is just minutes from these stores.

This home is a short sale. I specialize in understanding how to work with the challenges of being successful when working with a bank/lender involved property. Pleas feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have...Galyn

Galyn Williams REALTOR® Salesperson, SFR®
(Direct Number ) 808-756-7986
(Fax)......... 808-934-7644
Aloha Coast Realty LLC....614 Kilauea Suite 101...Hilo Hawaii 96720
'O ke ahe lau makani, 'o ke kai malino,
'o ka lani mala 'ela'e... E malu ko ke ao a pau.

Your source of Professional Real Estate Representation on the Big Island of Hawaii
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 26, 2012
If the home is listed, the listing agent should be able to answer these questions for you. If not, you should be able to find out this information by Googling the address and looking up the county records.
Aloha Grace,

If you are considering a local purchase, it's best to contact a local agent. I can recommend a few if you like.

Frank Diaz
East Oahu Realty
808.723.0900 cell