Does anyone know if Elk Grove is a in a Flood zone? Is flood insurance required at 95758?

Asked by Tony, Mon Jul 21, 2008

Answers

2
Loriepark, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Oct 23, 2017
Yes, but as long as the pumps keep working and there are no levee breaks it is probably in a 100 year flood zone. I remember in 1986 the Laguna area between freeway 5 and highway 99 was underwater. My friend lived in Lodi and worked at Methodist (now Dignity) Hospital. We had really heavy rainstorms that year and when she got off work she couldn't go home due to the flooding which closed both freeways. She stayed in South Sacramento with me for 3 days until the waters receded and the roads were reopened. I believe when the Laguna area of Elk Grove was built they installed pumps to prevent flooding from storms. One year the pumps stopped working (I think near Bruceville and Big Horn) and there was localized flooding.
Karen, , Sacramento, CA
Tue Mar 17, 2009
No it's not, at least not where I am (Big Horn/Franklin area). One of the reasons I bought here 10 years ago!