Does anyone know about the area near RFK stadium? And are there more plans to rehab and revitalize the area

Asked by Sarah, New York, NY Fri May 29, 2009

of Kingman Park and other neighborhoods near the stadium? I heard it underwent a 18 million USD rehab and am curious to know if this has had any impact on the surrounding area.

Answers

2
Chris Mundy, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Jun 24, 2009
It could be. Rumor has it that Mayor Fenty wants the Redskins back in DC and the RFK site could be vital to have land for a new stadium. There has already been talks between both parties on this. However, the stadium could be a deterent, with the crowds, noise and traffic during half the year.
John Smith, Agent, Washington, DC
Fri May 29, 2009
The area that is owned by the Federal Government and the City between 19th, Independence and the River (and I am not sure which entity owns it at this moment) has been known as "Reservation 13". The city has numerous studies and plans for renovating and improving this area. If you google "Reservation 13" you should find some of the plans. I would recommend contacting the ANC for this area for current status. I DO think this area is both a good investment for the future and a current bargain. Traditionally, areas around METRO stops improve and keep value improvements for longer.