Do I need a reason to evict a sub-tenant other that the fact that my partner is moving in? Or does it have to do more so with a proper notice?

Asked by Cofey, Rochester, NY Wed Jan 25, 2012

Answers

4
Michael Twentyfive’s answer
Michael Twen…, Other Pro, Rochester, NY
Sun Jan 29, 2012
Consult an attorney of course, but ive dealt with similar situations and tons of evictions and I can tell you right now from experience you will need to go through an eviction process to remove anyone who lives in the house even if they arent on a formal lease, unless you can just ask them to leave and return any deposit but legally if they dont want to leave thats what you will need to do. If you need an attorney my eviction attorney is great I can refer you.
Jolie Muss, , Upper West Side, New York, NY
Sat Jan 28, 2012
Cofey,
Sounds like you need to consult a local real estate lawyer, there are many factors to consider.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Jan 26, 2012
It may be in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, before considering eviction....
Raymond E. C…, Agent, Ontario, NY
Thu Jan 26, 2012
It sounds like a question for an attorney; are they on a lease etc.