Chris Gagne, Home Buyer in Maitland, FL

Can you tell me how safe The Hamlets in Maitland are?

Asked by Chris Gagne, Maitland, FL Sun Sep 27, 2009

? I see lots of houses there for sale, is it because people don't feel safe or can't pay the mortgage? I see there are apts/ condos/ Pubilc housing? on Monroe
any advice would be appreciated... someone told me there were drugs and shootings in the area? Thanks

Answers

2
Rick Aguirre, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Dec 21, 2009
Chris,
Here is a website resource you may find helpful.
As Realtors we have an obligation to be impartial when discussing questions such as you have presented. We are not permitted to " Steer" and as such must ask you the buyer to do your do-diligence. I hope this helps.
Realtor Rick.

http://zipskinny.com/index.php?zip=32751
Steffani Mar…, , Orlando, FL
Mon Sep 28, 2009
Chris;

I am located between Winter Park and Altamonte Springs, so I know the Maitland area well, however am not particularly familiar with this neighborhood. Upon a quick MLS search of properties located there, they appear to be very small, many bank owed properties there and some of the homes have not been maintained. I cannot advise anything on the crime level there, however my advice for buyers concerned over particular areas would be to take several days and drive the neighborhood at different times of day and night to try to get an idea of the homeowners in the area, as well as the area itself. This community is located very close to Eatonville, of which I will say does have a bad reputation.

Depending upon what price range you are looking in, I believe you could locate communities and homes in a variety of areas within 5-10 miles. If you would like to contact me and send me some information on what you are looking for, price range, etc. I would be happy to do a search for you and see what comes up.

Steffani Martino
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
Steffani.Martino@FloridaMoves.com