Are there any sink holes reported in this neighborhood? Also, any idea how long it would take to commute to MacDill AFB? Thanks.

Asked by tucanman2, Clearwater, FL Mon Dec 3, 2012

Answers

7
Otter Banks, Home Owner, Charlotte, NC
Sat Nov 2, 2013
All of Florida has sinkholes.
New Port Richey doesn't have that sugar sand that they do up in Spring Hill florida so the house doesn't collapse. Purchase sinkhole insurance no matter where you live in Florida. It's about an hour from MacDill if you take the expressway. Longer depending on traffic.

Disclosure will require the seller to tell you if the house had a sinkhole.

http://secure.pascocountyfl.net/bccpapa/Opal/SinkHoleReport.aspx
Jim Blandford, Agent, New Port Richey, FL
Thu Aug 15, 2013
There are sinkholes in this area, and as other have pointed out, there are various government sources of finding where the KNOWN sinkholes are. I should mention here that I am the only Realtor in this area who is also an active licensed sink hole adjuster. I would like to further explain in detail the sinkhole/insurance situation in this area if you care to contact me. Jim Blandford castletocondo@gmail.com
gdth1100, Home Buyer, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Jun 26, 2013
You can find sinkholes and other hazards in any area by going to: sinkholemaps.azurewebsites.net
Fred Strickr…, Agent, New Port Richey, FL
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Nadine,

It appears you have some good answers from previous respondents. I would like to point out that just because an area does not have a past history of sinkhole/ground settlement activity does not mean that there will not be future issues. The Florida Department of Enviornmental Protection has a good FAQ page which you may find useful at http://www.dep.state.fl.us/geology/feedback/faq.htm .

Commute to MacDill is 45 to 55 minutes depending on traffic.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Fred Strickroot
HomeNet
Florida Licensed Real Estate Brokerage
727-478-8997
Edward Knight, , New Port Richey, FL
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Sink holes have been found in the Hudson area. Drive time to McDill is approximately 45 mins.
Nadine Siebra, , Land O' Lakes, FL
Thu Dec 6, 2012
no sink holes in this community area and about 40 minutes or a little more to Mc Dill depending on the times you're commuting.
Scarey, Home Buyer, New Port Richey, FL
Thu Dec 6, 2012
Sea Forest Beach Club has had no reports of sink hole activity .
MacDill Airforce Base is 1 hour away , it is 41 miles from Sea Forest Beach Club.
Susan Carey
Ryland Homes
On-Site Sales Counselor
Tel: 727-807-6076
Email: scarey@ryland.com