Any regulations on auto repair business working out of home in residential area in Barnegat, NJ?

Asked by Annoyed, Barnegat, NJ Sat Apr 28, 2012

New neighbor has an "advertised" 24 hr/7 day per wk auto repair business out of his home in residential neighborhood. Wouldn't care if they didn't 'start' the work after dark & continue
banging and racing engines until 10 pm!

Answers

2
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
You'll have to contact the Code Enforcement office in Barnegat. There are regulations about home based businesses and noise levels, but the specific information you need depends on the location. Contact the Code Enforcement Office at 609-698-0080 Ext. 159
I agree, contacting city regulators is your next stop. If you are still unable to answer your question, I would recommend speaking with an auto repair company. They will be able to tell you the regulations of where they are allowed to operate and run their business.
http://www.denvilletransmissionservice.com
Flag Wed Dec 17, 2014
Donna Gidley, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Sat Apr 28, 2012
Where is the home located?