Asked by Nonabelle131313, Hemet, CA Mon Oct 8, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Diana, Home Buyer, Victorville, CA
Sat Dec 21, 2013
yes, we have apartment 2bed/1bath..Big discount to seniors .Small Dogs allowed.Call now 714-470-2012 $599
0 votes
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sat Oct 13, 2012
What Cynthia is telling you is that there are licensed Manufactured Home Dealers who can sell you a home in a rent/lease park/community as well as a real estate brokerage who can sell you a manufactured home in either a rent/lease community or a resident owned condo, sub-division or planned unit development (PUD).

Simply put a real estate brokerage can sell you a MH as long as it's not a new home that's never been sold before. By contrast a MH dealer can sell you a MH in an MH rent/lease community but they cannot sell you a home on resident owned property.

We are both a real estate brokerage and a manufactured home dealer as well as a general and manufactured home contractor so we can do anything and everything relating to a manufactured home.
0 votes
Cindy Watson, Agent, Hemet, CA
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Yes, I live in one myself. What other criteria do you need to meet; are you financing, space rent, location, are utilities included? Hemet was built on senior communities and that includes numerous senior parks and we seniors do long our tail wagging babies.
John below offers some excellent advice on purchasing a manufactured home.
You need to qualify for any park and they often have different criteria.
Be aware to that some parks sale their listings under dealerships(like cars) not as DRE Brokers.
The difference can be buyer be ware. Although you will still receive disclosures and info on the purchase-due diligence in your home inspection is very important.
0 votes
Gerry Burt, Agent, Hemet, CA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Yes, many that are senior communities that will allow pets. Mobile home parks usually will have a limit to two with some for lighter weight pets. I have a dog under 10 pounds and we have rented a home.
0 votes
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Mon Oct 8, 2012
You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park. But you should also make sure you have the home inspected by an experiened manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.

Make sure the home is level and that the pier and pad assemblies are in good shape. Also make sure the vapor barrier and insulation are in tact and not ripped or lying on the ground. Also make sure the home has an approved set of Earthquake Resistant Bracing under it as that area is in a Zone 4 seismic area.

Feel free to contact us should have any more questions: 760 815-6877. Or log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
0 votes
Becki Kenney…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Yes, Colonial Country Club will allow two small dogs. I have several great homes here I'd love to show you! Please give me a call - Becki Kenney - 949-813-4823
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more