Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

34667 : Real Estate Advice

  • All32
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 24
Sat Apr 29, 2017
Robert Greenblatt answered:
Hi Tattoochris,
There are many online services which can help you figure this out. You may also try stopping in at the local police department and strike up a conversation with some of the law enforcement professionals.
- Robert Greenblatt
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 5, 2017
james.talley968 asked:
Thu Oct 27, 2016
Jeremy Weinberg answered:
Good luck on getting your license! Here's a good re source to help you pass the state exam with these free state exam questions:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 11, 2016
Pmorris1100 asked:
Thu Feb 11, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
You need to ask your REALTOR this question. What does your contract say?? Unless there a clause for a "first right of refusal" or something similar, you cannot just terminate the first contract and accept a better one. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 27, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
First you need to figure out if you need to sell your current home, in order to qualify for a new one. Most people do, but it's possible you don't? Maybe you have enough equity in the current home that you can pay cash for the new one? If you need to get a mortgage for the next house, do you have a job lined up? Talk to a lender and explain what you're wanting to do and they'll give you some options.

If you have to sell your home in order to buy the next home, you may be looking at a double move. (i.e. sell current home and move into a rental temporarily or live with friends or family until you can buy the next house). Or, sometimes if everything goes smoothly you can do both at the same time. You'll have to list your house for sale, and get under contract, then write an offer on the new place (contingent upon selling current home). This of course requires the sellers of that home to accept the contingency. It is a complicated process but people do it all the time. Find a good Realtor who can walk you through the process.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 15, 2015
Jaime answered:
Kenneth, your parents property was flagged as needing a repair because they received an insurance payout. This goes into a master data base which each insurance company has access to. Your parents property will have to be repaired to bring the property close to it's value and clear it for new owners should you wish to sell it to someone who will be getting a mortgage and not paying $0.35 on the dollar (cash). This can be done by using a Foundation Repair company that offers financing. Once the property is repaired you can sell the house to anyone getting a mortgage from a traditional lender, get insurance, or mortgage the property yourself. You can be your own investor and restore the property! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 18, 2015
Alltimatepreservationcleanouts asked:
Thu Sep 10, 2015
John asked:
Thu Jul 23, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
For sale by owner homes can not be posted on Trulia. To change pictures, the agent that posted them, would have to edit or change them out,. Only licensed agents can poist homes for sale in this site, ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 30, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
Sometimes you just can't buy a house if you have bad credit. Your goal might be to improve that first. Owner financing is going to be expensive, if you can find it at all. You must find a house for sale where the owner owns it with no loan and does not need the proceeds to buy another house, this will greatly limit your choices. Then factor in those that would sell to someone with poor or bad credit will greatly limit your choices. An owner finance is going to want 8-10% interest and a good sized non-refundable down payment. You might be well better off renting until your credit is fixed. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Roxanne Bracewell answered:
Hi Colleen,
Some of these home can be found by searching on the Pasco County property website scroll down and see if there is a commercial flag on the property however if it is an older sinkhole before there were a lot of records being kept it can be a problem you can call a local insurance company they usually have records of sinkhole homes.

Always do your homework Colleen many repaired sinkhole homes come with a warranty and are insurable, if you find you need help feel free to give me a call.

Kindest Regards
Roxanne M. Bracewell
Re/Max Marketing Specialists
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Fred Strickroot SRES, MBA answered:
Hi Max,

Would like to be able to assist you, but I am not sure what I can do to help.

You can contact me if you are still looking for assistance.


Fred Strickroot

FL Lic. Real Estate Brokerage
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
You should have your insurance company complete a ground stability study to determine if the cause is a sinkhole, washout, improper fill, organic decomposition, faullty home foundation or some other cause.
If the cause is covered you should have it remediated. Your insurance, very likely, will cover the cost..

Then proceed with a sale if you like. If you have no insurance, meaning you have no mortgage, be prepared to take a hit.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Pamela Shemet answered:
Thu Sep 22, 2011
Monica Hayden asked:
I'm thinking of purchasing a retirement home in Hudson, Fl. I am hearing a lot about sinkholes and have been told I will need sinkhole insurance on my home. How much is sinkhole insurance…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Sink holes can occur anywhere. It really doesn't have anything to do with whether it's new construction. The issue is water seeping into the ground and "melting away"; supporting soft rock. It's possible that new construction will alter the water flow, and thus direct more water into an area that is more susceptible to "melting away." But that's often not the issue.

Regarding the insurance costs: I don't know. You'd have to talk to a local insurer about that.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice