Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Howell : Real Estate Advice

  • All86
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying25
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 60
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Mike asked:
Sat Oct 29, 2016
Coachrudd2 asked:
Thu Aug 18, 2016
20009413 asked:
Has been in foreclosure for over a year, wondering who is handling auction in case I can register to bid. Add details about your question (optional)

This question was asked from this…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 2, 2016
Rose Mary Carpenter asked:
The above grade finished sq. ft. should read 4,040 and also in the description of the home, it states 720 total finished living space. This should read 7252 total finished sq. footage.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 26, 2015
Joan Fletcher answered:
Hello, not sure if you found a agent to assist you yet or not? Please feel free to contract me, would like to help you. I have been in the real estate business for 25 years here in Livingston.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 6, 2015
djennifer009 answered:
Every foreclosure case is different. I'd recommend talking to the real estate agent and the attorney to see if the tenant has to pay for the cleaning and dumpster cost. It's in everyone's best interest to have the house cleaned as quickly as possible, so they should let you know. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 15, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
Unfortunately yes. Don't waste your time on Trulia, Zillow, or Craigslist looking for rentals. Contact a local property manager or Realtor who handles rentals if this is what you're interested in. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 11, 2014
Judi Monday, CRS answered:
The feed that is generating the listing is overriding your edits--you must edit it at the source of the feed.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 6, 2014
Johnathan Dunn answered:
The following link will take you to the MLS I subscribe to with the current properties available in Livingston County that advertise their willingness to accept pets.

Please beware that many are now charging a non-refundable pet cleaning fee or deposit and will reserve the right to restrict breeds and number of pets.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 6, 2014
Johnathan Dunn answered:
Thank you for taking the time to ask about this Howell home.
Tim's answer is exactly right with one exception.
Howell has a total of 7 elementary schools, and Voyager is the closest school to the home.
However, that home is currently assigned to Challenger Elementary which is 1.5 miles from the home.
The High School is also part of the same complex and can be accessed by 3 different drives, so mileage will vary by which way you go.

Also in the same complex is Highlander Way Middle School (grades 6-8) and the Freshman Campus (grade 9).

Howell does allow you to drive your student to school and does give you the option of requesting a different elementary school (in which case you must provide transportation for your child). The request depends on seat availability and is not on a permanant basis (which means that your student may be able to one year and not the next.)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 15, 2014
Derek Tunison answered:
I am a mortgage specialist in Macomb, I have a lender that will lend down to a 500 credit score for a FHA loan. I am also local and would be happy to meet you in person. If you are interested in getting a pre-approval, I would be happy to take a quick application. Please feel free to call me at any time.

Thanks and good luck!

Derek Tunison
First Mortgage Corporation
Sr Loan Officer
41950 Hayes Rd
Clinton Township, MI 48038
(586) 306-8994 CELL
(586) 601-2798 FAX
NMLS 162605
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 8, 2014
Johnathan Dunn answered:
When buying a home with a mortgage, there will be two Title Insurance policies put in place by the title company. One is the buyer's policy which is generally accepted to be a seller cost. The second is the lender's policy which is generally accepted to be a buyer cost.

The seller will pick the title company (who does several things in the process). The buyer may choose to have the seller's title company handle everything or to secure their own title company to handle the things that are important to them. (This is usually advisable when buying bank owned property.)

The title company insures the deed and will charge their fee for it at closing. Who pays it depends greatly on the contract or purchase agreement that is negotiated between buyer and seller. If the seller is paying concessions toward closing costs, the lender policy will be charged to the buyer, but the fee will come out of the funds the seller is providing as concession.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Tim Sova answered:
Hi - we will be happy to help you find your next new home in Howell, MI. We can set up a search directly from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) that will identify bank owned homes, short sales, etc. Please send us your phone number and we will call you to discuss your search criteria and then we can begin our work. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Rachel Warren answered:
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Amanda Cox answered:
I live in Howell, Mi and most of the homes that say that do indeed need some work....but sometimes its not stuff that is a big deal and other times it can be a lot of work. It's easier to just call an agent and go look at it and see for yourself and then they can answer questions you have about what the Homepath Renovation loan is. If you have any questions push my picture and I could help you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 30, 2013
Duane Hittle answered:
who do i call to start doing clean outs and locks changes and trash outs
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Karen Paytas answered:

As Haig stated check your purchase agreement. If the seller refuses to sign the release they can't sell the property to anyone else unless doing so. Talk to your Realtor and if all else fails you'll need to talk to an attorney.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Bob Witt answered:
If you have the time to wait, there is another house in that neighborhood that is in their redemption period (6 months after sheriff sale). If they are not able to redeem, it will be on the market shortly after that and I will be the listing agent. I would be heppy to put your name and contact on my file to call when it becomes available. I suspect it will be a similar price though it is still occupied and I have not been inside to check the condition.

Bob Witt
Prudential Heritage Real Estate
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Robert Campbell answered:
Keep shopping around for other lenders. Work hard to get your score, and if you have cash to put down that helps.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Howell Zip Codes