where in chicago can i rent a house for 450 to 550 a month?

Asked by Tanya, Mon Jul 21, 2008

i want to know where can i rent a place form 450 to 550 a month

Answers

5
Seth Captain, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 25, 2011
If you are willing to live in a studio, you can choose from several neighborhoods in the city from Rogers Park to Humboldt Park to even a couple of spots in Lakeview for 550. Several hoods in the South Side will also have studios for that price. And even have a small separate kitchen.

If you go around neighborhoods, and check out for rent signs, especially in Little Village area/Back of the Yards area, and honestly in most parts of the South and West Side, you can find people who rent basement/attic apartments with separate bedrooms for the 500 dollar range. These are not generally 'legal' with the city but if you are comfortable living there, tens of thousands of them are rented throughout Chicago.

If you want an actual home your only choice is to by a foreclosed property of which there are many in Chicago now that will have a total monthly payment under $550 a month. Just be 'flexible' on the neighborhood you want to live. It won't be Lincoln Park but it will be a house. Inquire with IHDA or chicagonsp.org for more info.

Come to the city. There's always options here. Avoid the hustlers and trust your instinct. Good luck
Otto Graff, , Dickel, TN
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Only problem is that 2 dont have a bedroom and the other 6 are in hell hole areas.
Lisa Schade, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Fri Jul 25, 2008
There are 8 homes on the market in Chicago, that are beint rented for between 410 and 550. Most of them are apartment buildings, but there are a couple of them that are 4 flats or homes that have been converted. I'd be more than happy to help.

Please feel free to contact me directly or log onto my website below, to search for yourself!
Steven Engli…, , Oak Park area, IL
Tue Jul 22, 2008
I'm not even aware of apartments for rent that low.
Mark Malave, , Chicago, IL
Tue Jul 22, 2008
Are you looking for a house or an apartment?