social security owes me 40,000 in back pay, where and how can I get a loan? It's an emergency

Asked by Karen, California Wed Aug 13, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Casey Jones, Home Buyer, Provo, UT
Mon Dec 8, 2014
I would contact a social security lawyer asap. I had a similar situation a while back and my lawyer was able to get me the money I deserved. Dealing with it yourself can be stressful and a huge headache. my lawyer took care of everything and was affordable.
0 votes
lisa13rock, Home Owner, Manchester, KY
Thu May 15, 2014
I am owed money as well. I have received partial payments toward the total amount awarded, but not the total amount. I have contacted the local offices many times. Each time I am told that my info has to be processed by the state office. I am asked to wait 4-6 weeks for them to contact me. This has gone on and on for several years. I don't want anything that isn't owed to me, but the balance of my disability award is floating around out there and it should be sent to me. Who do I contact? In person? By mail? By phone? HELP!!! I'm tired of being given the run around. Sorry I didn't actually answer your question, but at least maybe we can both find our answers. Thanks. ~Ace~
0 votes
Sillybunny, , Burlington, NC
Thu Oct 21, 2010
I am in the same situation...they owe me over $50,000. I have been told by two attorneys and the Social Security Administrations that it is against the law for anyone to loan money to me using back benefits to secure the loan. They said it falls under "usery" which is prohibited by law. However, I was also told that if I can provide evidence of my emergency (paperwork of some kind) to the local Social Security Office (the one in my city) that the local office can determine that I do qualify for an advanced payment and can issue it immediately in the amount needed to cover my emergency. In other words, if I take my foreclosure notice to the local office, they will issue a check for the amount I am behind on my mortgage but the check they issue will be for that amount only (no extra). There are four conditions they consider an emergency and if your situation is one of the allowed ones, you just need to take documents that verify your need to the local office and they should cut you a check for the exact amount needed to take care of it. Good Luck! I know how frustrating this can be.
0 votes
Look up Interim public assistance maybe that can help if u want a loan on back pay
Flag Tue May 9, 2017
I did go to my local office In Goodlettsville because I have no car and no way to the doctor.I cried in pain for 2 nights wanting to go to the ER., were my doctor was waiting to do MRI"s I have a eleven year old son that has severe OCD and goes to the DR every month..The first request got "lost" at the office. The employees were rude and made me feel uncomfortable.The lady that approves the advance gave me money for a car but wouldn't give me money to get out of this $1,100.00 a month motel room I live in.It's a dive..:) really...Then she said she would approve 6 months of my insurance for the car.So on the way there,a day after I bought the car,an idiot ran through the red light and totaled my car(I was injured so bad,the airbags didn't .HE HAD NO INSURANCE!!! My lawyer dropped the case. He got off Scott- free.Now I'm stuck at this place where the closest store is an hour walk away.I put in another request (because it' is an Emergency),she called once and a month later won't call!
Flag Sat Dec 21, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more