Question removed

Asked by Anthony Zambelli, San Diego, CA Sun Aug 17, 2008

This question was removed by its author.


David, , La Jolla, CA
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Who is on the lease? Both of you? Are there any legal proceedings currently between the two of you? If you are fearful of the situation, I would make sure the property management knew of the situation. You maybe able to remove yourself from the lease if the other party agrees.

Also, since it does not sound like a mutual decision to break up, have you considered moving out?
0 votes
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Hello Gina. Are you renting or do you own the property that you both occupy? If you are renting, is the boyfriend on the lease or is there a sublease? If you own the property, did your boy friend lease from you or did he just live with you for free? I think you should get legal advice from a licensed CA attorney who specializes in landlord tenant issues. Real estate agents are not permitted to render legal advice as that would constitute practicing law without a license and we can get into trouble for that. Even those real estate agents who may also be licensed attorneys, should refrain from giving specific advice that could be construed as legal advice as their real estate E & O insurance does not cover legal advice. As much as we'd like to help here, please understand that we are not able to provide you with the information that you are looking for. I would check the yellow pages and find an attorney who offers a free or low fee consultation. Good luck to you.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more