my grandma died and my dad is trying to find an appraiser for her house in order to keep the house and pay the taxes where can i find one and how much

Asked by Rayannah2, 07030 Tue Apr 10, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Diane Maxon, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. I would imagine that there is an attorney handling her estate for your family, and he or she should be able to help you. If all you need is tax information, all you would need to do is go to the Hoboken Tax Assessor's office in City Hall on Washington St. If you actually need an appraisal, an agent below has noted several appraisers who could help you. Good luck with this and if you need any other information, please let me know.
0 votes
Helen Cocuzza, Agent, BayHead, NJ
Tue Apr 10, 2012
You should if you havent already contacted an attny, the municipal/county tax assessor's office and they may also have some important information regarding the balance of taxes also. Hope you get it all taken care of ! Good Luck~
0 votes
David Tobias, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Apr 10, 2012

I'm sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. Are you trying to do a tax appeal? You can call me directly to answer your questions and give a recommendation. 201.936.7164 cell
0 votes
David Paris, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Here are some appraisers that might want to contact:

Stack & Stack (201) 659-4700
James Morris Agency (908) 273-3033
Neal Peene (973) 423-0179
Gerard Smith (732) 382-2088

They all would be able to get you a current appraisal for your dad. He might in fact want to hire an attorney to help in the process. If you would like a BPO (Broker Price Opinion) I woul be more than glad to help.

Best Regards,

David Paris, Realtor®
Century 21 Innovative Realty
Licensed Real Estate Broker
office: 201.792-7601 | fax: 201.792-9266 | mobile: 201.745.7598
Search the MLS:

"Your Realtor before, during and after... referrals welcome!"

NJAR Distinguished Realtor Award 2008
NJAR Circle of Excellence 2002 - 2008, 2010
NJAR Million Dollar Club 1998 - 2001
Century 21 Centurion Producer
Web Reference:
0 votes
Karina Abad, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Hi Rayanna sorry for your loss. You can contact any bank and they can refer you to an appraiser, or try Professional Appraisers in NJ.

Typically you will spend between $300-$400
Hope that helps!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more