How To... in 77022>Question Details

Suzanne, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

if the owner of the house said he will give me the property but for me to pay for a attorney to do the paper

Asked by Suzanne, Houston, TX Tue Mar 10, 2009

work to put the house in my name the owner owes back taxes is the any options that i have to cut the back taxes owed and getting the house in my name

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 77022

Help the community by answering this question:


Sally & Eric Martell’s answer
Suzanne - you should have an appraisal of the house's value, an inspection to let you know if there are any hidden problems, title work to make sure there are no other problems with the title, money to pay the tax lien, and especially the advice of an attorney. Don't waste time soliciting advice from your friends or non-experts. If you don't have the money to do your due diligence, you might try to find someone who will help you acquire the house in return for a share of the equity when you sell. You will probably not be able to avoid settling the tax issue as the lien will be attached to the property and could result in the property being sold at a tax sale if it isn't paid. Good luck! This might be a really great opportunity for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 10, 2009
The owner may owe more than back taxes but if the property is worth it, pa the taxes and what ever else.
What you need to do is go to a title or a real estate attorney, but tell the real estate attorney that you want a title policy. You will have to put a dollar value on the house for that.
You at least want a title search. You do not know if there is someone else that may have interest in the property or if there are other outstanding debts owed against the property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 10, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Harris County > Houston > 77022 > How To... in 77022 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer