i have a house owner insurance but now have to rent out my house. Do i need landlord insurance?

Asked by Sanchita, New Haven, CT Mon Aug 18, 2008

how different and expensive it s from my previous insurance.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mikefann, Home Seller, Greeneville, TN
Sun Jan 22, 2012
no if you have home qwner insurane you do not have to take out any other kind of insurance. it is up to the renter to take out renters insurance. i am a attonery i have been through this thousands of times. as long as you have insurance coverage on the house you can rent without any problems. i hope this helps.
0 votes
Dan Ross, Agent, Southington, CT
Mon Aug 18, 2008
You always need to notify your agent of a change in status. The last thing you would want to happen is to make a claim and have it denied because of a change that they weren't notified of.
Web Reference:  http://www.danrossre.com
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Aug 18, 2008
GREAT QUESTION: Contact your insurance agent you would only need to insure property not the content would drop your insurance back approx. 30% less per year

http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Aug 18, 2008
most definately, you will want liability insurance to protect you and owners insurance to protect you investment in the property, as well you should require your tenant to get renters insuarance to cover their belongings and also reduce your liability.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more