how to remove name from public records?

Asked by Conrad Obligacion, Pacifica, CA Fri Oct 31, 2008

my brother used my name to secure a loan. Now, my name appears with his in county public records, including his delinquency. How do I remove my name from his transactions? he said he recorded a grant deed removing my name, but after 11 year my name still appears with his.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michael, Home Owner, Maryland
Sun May 22, 2011
how can i remove my name so it dosent show when you google my name that iam divorced
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Nov 1, 2008
It is public record, i would think you would need a court order to exspounge it, which is an order from the judge to remove it. you should seek the advise of a local real estate attorney , the first session is usually free so you can get an idea of whoch way to proceed.
Web Reference:
0 votes
David Tapper, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Sat Nov 1, 2008
You need to file a quit claim deed taking you off the home,This is something you need to do , not your brother. This is also a question you need an attorney to answer.

I know he is your brother, but if he used your name without your knowledge, you will need to get an attorney to file a lawsuit.

Dave TapTapper
Web Reference:
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Fri Oct 31, 2008
Contact the county discuss your options. If your name is still currenly on the loan I dont believe you can remove your name unless the home is refin. by your brother. Sorry to hear about your problem. HOWEVER if you did not sign any documents, no power of attorney it could be considered fraud of unathorized usage of a name.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
How To... in Pacifica Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more